MasterCard Manager, Market Development, Strategic Merchants in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Market Development, Strategic Merchants
Based out of Singapore the role of Manager, Market Development, Strategic Merchants offers the successful individual the opportunity to drive sales preference for Mastercard with strategic merchants across Asia Pacific. The position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills.
• Responsible for all aspects of business development activities including creation and execution of a detailed sales pipeline for key global merchants that will drive market share, increase volume and deliver incremental revenue growth to execution of contracts.
• Partner with the VP to Identify and develop strong relationships with key decision makers (C-Suite) within pipeline merchants across multiple functions (payments, loyalty, marketing, acquiring).
• Demonstrate an understanding of the merchant’s global and regional strategy, the organizational structure and opportunity pipeline through the generation and management of account plans.
• Partner with cross functional teams including Data & Services, C&I, Product, Marketing to create incremental revenue opportunities based on identified Merchant needs.
• Leverages profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis
• Collaborates with market development teams across AP and Rest of the World to plan, execute and monitor progress against business plans
All about you
• Strong team player
• Comfortable to lead customer engagements and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Operate unsupervised, with a sense of urgency
• Fast learner with the ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple stakeholders
• Results driven and able to focus on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to develop and successfully implement quantifiable business/account plans
• Comprehensive experience executing and managing sales strategies for merchants and/or medium-sized accounts
• Consistently delivers thoughtful market and business analysis to support hypothesis
• Analytical skills – utilizing internal and external data to manage performance
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years of experience within the merchant and/or payments/service industry with consultative B2B sales experience
• Experience in Travel industry a plus (OTA, Hotel, Airline etc)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-101238