MasterCard Manager, Finance Business Partner - South East Asia in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Finance Business Partner - South East Asia
• The Manager, South-East Asia Finance (Finance Business Partner) will support the execution of the corporate strategy through strong P&L governance, delivered via strategic insights and formulation of division objectives, deal closure, ensuring smooth business operations and maintenance of strong internal controls.
3 questions about who would be the best fit for this role:
• Do you have a broad understanding of all the different areas of finance?
• Do you have good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques?
• Are you able to apply strategic thinking and strong communication skills to successfully engage management teams to drive towards corporate objectives?
• Ensures that Finance is closely integrated with, and positively supports the business to maximize revenue, profitability and efficiency.
• Supports strategic planning sessions and works extensively with the management team to ensure alignment of the process into the budget and forecasting cycles. This includes the development of priorities, execution plans, establishing revenue targets, and alignment of Division plans with cross-functional partners.
• Manages assigned country financial close and forecast, including analysis of key business drivers, expenses and timely communication of risks and opportunities.
• Apply contemporary accounting techniques such as competitive pricing analysis, consumer spending trends, cost behavior analysis, operating budgeting, value chain analysis to provide interpreted insights to direct management’s attention to key strategic issues.
• Provides leadership to the relevant business and finance functions to enhance their business acumen, financial know-how, to align them to delivery of financial objectives for the division.
• Provides finance support in the expansion of the business e.g. opening of new offices, new product and non-traditional customers business case development, etc.
• High level of engagement required with regional and global functions to have high impact on cross functional issues, and ensure alignment with regional and global direction.
• Communicates corporate and regional policies and establish review processes to ensure financial control and compliance and drive overall market compliance with SEC requirements as well as compliance with local statutory regulations, financial and taxation regimes in the region.
All About You
• Relevant qualification in business, accounting and/or a related discipline, with good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques. Specialist knowledge in Management Reporting- Chartered Accountant or CPA with business partnership experience preferred.
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with the ability to capture the essence of key insights across the market opportunities.
• Broad based commercial awareness to manage risk versus return trade-offs.
• In-depth understanding of all the commercial drivers impacting MasterCard’s business in the division (current and emerging product lines, services and programs) to be able to conceptualize innovative incentive deal structures. Some of these dimensions are :
commercial distribution channels
overlay of proposal with existing incentive deals
member reporting and performance tracking
customer priorities and cardholder rewards proposition
• Results oriented and performance driven with a focus on excellence.
• Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Experience working in cross functional teams.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-90542