MasterCard Manager, Deal Management in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Deal Management
• Business Development Finance supports the development, planning, implementation and execution of the corporate strategy within the customer business agreement process to drive business primarily with issuers, acquirers and merchants.
• The Manager role has the main responsibility of supporting the Division Finance Officer and business units within the assigned markets, building profitable and protected deals for Mastercard and playing an active advisory role in business, strategic and financial related projects.
3 questions about who would be the best fit for this role:
• Are you intuitive with numbers?
• Are you perseverant and able to cope with unexpected and multiple demands?
• Are you confident interacting with management, and able to persuade, motivate and influence others effectively?
1) Deal Structuring - Support the Division and assist account managers in complex business deals for new business opportunities ensuring commercial profitability for Mastercard, with involvement from initiation to closure of the deal. Conduct regular review of live deals and highlight concern to Account Manager and Leadership team.
a. Performs rigorous reviews, negotiations and scenario analysis iterations on business cases to assess the risk versus return tradeoffs. Work/negotiate with business owners to improve deal structures where appropriate. Assertiveness required to convince Account Teams to sell harder to their customers. A “reality check” on the ROIs, NPVs, DCF for all major contracts entered into with our customers.
b. Provides guidance to Legal department to assist in understanding deal structures and business dynamics, and final clearance of legal documentation.
c. Communicates corporate and regional policies and establish review processes to ensure financial control and compliance and drive overall market compliance with SEC requirements as well as compliance with local statutory regulations, financial and taxation regimes in the region.
d. To build capabilities within the businesses to enhance their business acumen, financial know-how, understanding of business case modeling and processes, financial implications of their decisions/actions, and to align them to delivery of financial objectives for the region.
e. Requires individual to be creative and entrepreneurial, managing risks with innovation, embracing the concept of value creation, move away from inwardly focused and value preservation to looking for outside opportunities to increase stock market valuation and shareholders’ wealth in the face of fierce competition, customer choice and new technology.
2) Extended Business Support – Closely work with business teams in providing insights and financial support to
a. develop / monitor performance of our strategic investments and other growth opportunities.
b. facilitate and identify new pricing initiatives / structuring opportunities.
All About You
• Financial domain experience in an international organization with basic knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP.
• Experience in business development/partnership or financial modelling preferred.
• Ability to lead, motivate and influence others in a global, matrix organization structure.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong employee relations and management partnering skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-90550