MasterCard Manager - Business Development in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager - Business Development
• South East Asia is one of the fastest growing divisions for MasterCard, with markets at different stages of development and maturity for electronic and digital payments, and an acceptance footprint of approximately 3M merchant locations.
• This position Manager – Acceptance Development, reports to the VP Business Expansion (SEA). The team is responsible for driving MasterCard business expansion initiatives and partnership programs across SEA
This position is responsible for:
• Develop / Execute market acquiring channel strategy to enhance Mastercard’s revenue and our relationships across all managed customers and drive all acceptance development sales activity and solutions sales with acquiring partners
• Execute on Mastercard’s acceptance strategy including acceptance quality and growth and acceptance infrastructure upgrades like QR, NFC and EMV adoption within managed account base
• Provides significant cross region support for accounts and work with acceptance teams in other Mastercard markets and supports divisional acquiring efforts for key customers in the SEA markets
• Leverage strong relationship of c-suite executives across the managed account base to achieve strategic Mastercard priorities and drives strong business case development & ROI analysis for partner/business case investment
• Coordinate business/partnership development efforts with appropriate Mastercard business partners in Global Products & Solutions, Mastercard Technologies, Law & Franchise Integrity, Risk Management, etc. to ensure cross-functional alignment and maximum support for managed customers
All About You
• Bachelor's + 7 years of relevant work experience.
• MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience; technical background can be a plus
• Strong leadership skills generating support and momentum among functional peers
• Digitally savvy with strong communication and presentation skills
• Good grasp of financial concepts and business case building
• Resourceful and persistent when it comes to identifying new opportunities
• Eager to learn and ability to pick up new knowledge and skills easily
• Flexible and open-minded when it comes to taking on a variety of projects
• Skilled at management reporting and gathering insights from granular data in order to influence decision making
• Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and execute on projects with little instruction in an agile manner
• Flexibility to travel in South East Asia at short notice
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137994