MasterCard Manager, Accounting in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Regional Controllership leads the financial accounting, reporting and control to ensure compliance with SEC reporting standards, Sarbanes Oxley Act (“SOX”) and MasterCard Policies and Procedures. The team also provides advisory support to the business and manages the regional processes such as local statutory reporting, and billing activities
• This role is to ensure compliance to MasterCard Policies and Procedures, as well as help coordinate/manage the monthly financial close/reporting process by working with the Global Business Service Centre (“GBSC”) and key regional stakeholders.
• Works closely with Corporate Controllers’ Group & External Expertise to implement new Accounting Standards/Guidelines applicable to each APAC country and Region.
• Leads Change Management within and outside Finance for implementation of new Accounting Standards and Regulations
• Provides quality, timely technical accounting and control advice to the Business
• Develops efficient solutions to improve financial accounting, reporting and control as well as assist in business monitoring
• Participates and drives continuous business process and systems improvements towards greater efficiency and control in order to meet the present and anticipated needs of internal customers, members, and other stakeholders including liaising with Centers of Excellence
• Support ad hoc finance and business projects
All About You:
• Degree in Accountancy, preferably CPA, preferably with prior audit experience
• Knowledgeable in IFRS and US GAAP
• Solid knowledge of internal controls and operational procedures and processes
• Sound independent judgement; customer focused
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including senior level business and corporate partnering across various countries and cultures
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Eyes for details, and able to work under pressure as manage multiple deliverables deadlines
• At least an intermediate proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications; Oracle experience preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114995