MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our growing API Platform team in Singapore. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build exciting new features in our platform (Mastercard Developer Portal) that hosts hundreds of APIs to thousands of customers. You’ll also work on developing internal tools that empower our teams to build and publish new APIs.
What you’ll be doing:
• Redesign the way we write and publish our content by working on a distributed content management stack built on exciting new tools.
• Pave our path towards domain-specific microservices.
• Build new services to allow better API management and publishing experience.
That means you’ll:
• Help the team succeed - you’ll have the freedom to inspire your team’s vision
• Have complete freedom and ownership over everything you build
• Have a very fast feedback loop - you can instantly validate your ideas with your colleagues
A bit about you:
• You’ve very strong experience in working with backend systems, preferably using Java 8
• You understand at least one backend MVC framework - Java and Spring Boot are strongly preferred
• You’ve worked with a modern front-end framework, preferable React
• You’ve built microservices and understand different patterns to approach the designs
• You’ve experience in designing and delivering APIs and security models
• You’ve worked with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas preferably PostgreSQL and Oracle
• You know the importance of writing tests and you QA code before releasing
• You’re a great communicator - you give and receive feedback constructively
• You’re able to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• You’re interested in product and user experience
• You are a high energy individual with a strong desire to succeed and pull others to the next level along with you
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
• You’ve been involved in migration projects before, also including monolithic systems to micro-services
• You’ve worked with distributed systems
You’ve worked on cloud platforms and in a CI/CD environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110530