MasterCard Director - Strategic Initiatives in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director - Strategic Initiatives
• South East Asia is one of the fastest growing divisions for MasterCard, with markets at different stages of development and maturity for electronic and digital payments, and an acceptance footprint of approximately 2M merchant locations.
• This position Director - Strategic Initiatives, reports to the Head of Business Development, SEA.
• The team is responsible for supporting the team in driving MasterCard business expansion initiatives and partnership programs across SEA
This position is responsible for:
• Program manage key strategic initiatives – primarily related to On Soil and Data localization initiatives and designing the execution framework for domestic relevance.
• Lead the initiatives supporting the Corporate Development team on strategy development including identifying and prioritizing strategic gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, and collaborating on target selection criteria and recommendations.
• Work closely with the Country Managers and Account teams in driving customer growth strategies primarily focusing on the Core business.
• Support Country Teams and the SEA Team in working on our Issuers, Acquirers and PSPs on driving Core Business and execution plans for driving VAS.
• Co-Own the Contactless and Debit eCommerce Acceleration execution plan with the Regional Lead and Account team
• Equipping the Account teams with robust account plans and customer engagement strategy
• Support RFPs and sales pitches to win new business opportunities – Core business and other Processing opportunities
• Own the “Debit eCommerce growth” strategy / execution along with the Country team
All About You
• Bachelor's + 12 years of relevant work experience.
• MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience; technical background can be a plus
• Strong leadership skills generating support and momentum among functional peers
• Combination of executive presence and pro-activeness to enable effective planning, preparation, organization, and deliver in what can often be tight timelines
• Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for learning, and acute professional curiosity; able to solve problems with balance of independence and well-solicited input
• Comfortable with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to achieving impact
• Direct experience customer engagement and opportunity identification, negotiation, and execution; experience identifying, assessing, and constructively addressing deal issues related to legal, regulatory, accounting, and tax
• Prefer experience in and/or significant exposure to the financial services/payments industry and related ecosystem of players
• Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with a variety of personalities, with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
• Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external partners
• Global or multi-national business experience on-the-ground preferred
• Flexibility to travel in South East Asia at short notice
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-92885