MasterCard Director, Product Management, Asia Pacific Credit in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Management, Asia Pacific Credit
The Director, Product Management will be responsible for assisting the Regional Affluent Product Lead in the development and execution of the company’s affluent consumer credit strategy in APMEA. The primary responsibility for this position is to support the regional affluent strategy growing the existing affluent consumer credit business in APMEA and developing new product benefits and opportunities for the affluent business.
He/She will be responsible for managing the financial resources for the regional team to deliver well-positioned product platforms, including elevated and well-targeted product features, an effective go-to-market strategy and exemplary consumer experience seeking cost efficiencies and synergies with other areas.
He/she will also contribute to team-wide reviews of strategic product platforms which may require a launch or repositioning of such products across the region. As part of the consumer credit team, the individual can expect to lead aspects such as marketing and ensuring the integrity of product positioning, sourcing benefits, analyzing cardholder behavior and improving cardholder experience. Individual will work closely with the global credit team and product sales teams in the divisions to ensure alignment with the customer-focused strategy.
• Supporting the development of region-wide premium product strategy and identifying priority initiatives
• Analyzing the needs of different initiatives and developing an approach to prioritise and resource priority initiatives
• Working across functions to ensure appropriate cost management and delivery of these product priorities with quantified metrics tied to customer plans
• As part of any launches or repositioning initiatives, the individual will lead and support some of the following aspects
o Identifying key triggers in the target cardholder segment’s lifestyle or synthesizing feedback from the markets to identify enhancements to existing products or new opportunities
o Leading the development of innovative and differentiated products to meet the needs of both issuers and end-users on a regional basis
o Supporting the development of strategic business plans for premium products, including analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs
o Overseeing the development of Best Practices, Case Studies and competitive analyses (including gap analyses) for the relevant product or segment
o Leading or participating as required in cross-functional efforts to ensure that all relevant disciplines are involved in the strategic efforts to rejuvenate premium product platforms
o Collaborating with Product Sales and Product Delivery, Marketing and Member Relations colleagues in the customer planning and implementation process
o Actively participating in the global communication process that supports premium products in the region
• 8-10 years experience in successfully developing and launching new products targeting the premium/affluent market
• Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision
• Proven experience in understanding of product profitability drivers and consumer usage drivers
• Experience with strategic and business planning
• Analytical thinking
• Team player with experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional role
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Outstanding communication/presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. MBA preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-72942