MasterCard Director, product development, Data Science and Data Engineering in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, product development, Data Science and Data Engineering
Provides designs specifications for and develops new products and services or their components. Defines functional and technical requirements.
Researches new technologies and competitive products to develop additional product ideas and enhancements.
Performs launch-related activities associated with new or highly customized product implementations, including marketing/communication and collateral.
Defines business and technical requirements and manages the relationships of technical resources and the Global Technology Organization to maintain and build out platforms
• Identify business-building opportunities in products and services that will result in increased
• Develop new products and product enhancements to anticipate and/or respond to customers’ needs, market trends and competitive threats
• Generate ideas to enhance MasterCard’s suite of product offerings and create competitive advantage based on feedback from Product Management and customer account teams
• Utilize market research and conduct opportunity assessments to validate new ideas and concepts
• Develop and present business cases supporting new product concepts or product enhancements
• Comply with the New Product Development/Go-To-Market (NPD/GTM) Process from concept through launch
• Develop product designs and specifications with input from client facing teams, internal development teams and other stakeholders
• Interface with technical developers to translate product requirements into technical specifications ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market
• Participate in the planning, development and design of product marketing strategy and in the execution of advertising, promotional, and sales programs Educate Product Management, Product Sales and Account Management teams on features, benefits and technical aspects of product offerings
• Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience. Advanced degree desirable.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Business experience in product conceptualization, design and development, preferably in financial services or the bankcard industry
• Solid knowledge of the payments business coupled with the ability to translate customers’ needs into revenue generating product designs
• Product development operations experience desirable
• Significant experience building sound business cases, designing payments products relevant to the market, and delivering results within budget
• Experience in developing products for U.S. and international markets
• people management experience desirable
• Expertise in applying product development concepts and practices across the product development life cycle
• Ability to develop, define and execute a business strategy to solve an existing business problem and/or open a new business opportunity
• Business acumen with the ability to create solutions that produce positive results for the customer and MasterCard
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to deliver compelling presentations
• Outstanding negotiation and project management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team player in a highly matrixed environment across functions and regions
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and influence internal and external business partners
• Proven ability to manage budgets and produce significant financial results
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-101732