MasterCard Director Open Banking, Asia Pacific in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director Open Banking, Asia Pacific
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of retail financial services (as well as many adjacent industries). There are a number of markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings (e.g. EEA markets thanks to PSD2, or US owing to long-standing market driven initiatives). In most other markets, open banking is at earlier stages of development, yet already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Mastercard have built an initial suite of Open Banking Solutions and are now in the process of bringing them to market, commercialising and enhancing them, predominantly to date in Europe. See www.mastercard.com/openbanking. Over the last few years we have established a large, cross-functional team that is focusing on product design and delivery. Most recently, we also completed acquisition of Finicity – a leading US open banking data aggregation and analytics company.
This new role is pivotal in enabling Mastercard to establish open banking presence globally. Key aspects of the role:
(1) designing and executing the appropriate strategy for deploying selected global Mastercard Open Banking Solutions in key markets.
(2) internal and external thought leadership
In the process, the individual will work closely with, and where appropriate influence/persuade:
• Technical experts focusing on scoping the technology aspect of the open banking rollout
• IMK business development function, to build understanding of the needs of local key customers (banks as well as fintechs, merchants and others), as well as to commence early stage deployment conversations
• Corporate Development and Procurement personnel if the local deployment requires use of external supplier(s)
• Data & Strategy leads, to jointly drive the data requirements behind local products and services
• Technology teams that will drive product localisation, as well as Customer Delivery and Legal on setting up new relevant onboarding processes and contracts
The individual will be an expert on the relevant features, benefits, and the needs of current and future customers. The individual will also be a key member of the Mastercard Open Banking Global Product team responsible for defining and executing the product strategy for the overall product portfolio.
• Design optimal strategy for product deployment and localisation across the key markets within the region, factoring in the current and projected future state of the relevant markets, competitors, regulatory pressures etc. Accompanying that, you will develop and maintain cost forecasts behind connectivity build, as well as costs, revenue and sales forecasts behind localised Open Banking Solutions with Sales, O&T and Finance that stand the test of time.
• Work with third party companies throughout the sourcing, contracting and deployment phase to drive regional execution of our strategy
• Actively engage potential customers and partners within the region, and drive the process of reflecting their needs in the local deployment of the relevant open banking products
• Be an internal expert on open banking as a whole, staying engaged with key ongoing market developments, regulatory interventions, competitor activity, events and conferences etc.
• Act as a contributor and/or lead through the development life-cycle working as an integrated part of the delivery team utilizing agile development techniques. In some circumstances it will be in the context of Mastercard internal teams, in others with third party suppliers / partner. You will actively translate specifics of the local market (e.g. data protection, data privacy, on-soil requirements etc.) to product requirements, feed them into relevant product localisation planning
While the role commences as a ‘individual contributor’, the individual is expected to over time be involved in growing the regional product footprint of open banking resources, with significant potential for moving to a position of managing other people within 6-12 months. In this regard, the role will be responsible also for training and up-skilling any new team members.
All About You
Skills and experience required for this role are:
• Experience of banking, payments or FinTech sectors.
• Successful B2B product development and/or management experience
• Experience of engaging with external customers (in a sales or relationship management role)
• Experience of engaging across the organisation with internal colleagues and third party suppliers (e.g. IT, Operations, finance and marketing)
• Strong analytical skills and financial literacy
• Self-starter with strong ability to work remotely, without hands-on local direction
• Ability to plan and organise effectively and deliver to deadlines.
• An attention to detail, a ‘right first time’ approach.
• Able to build new relationships on one’s own, and communicate at all levels within the business, clearly and concisely
• The ability to work in a cross-functional team and in a matrix organisation
Desirable skills and experience:
• Working Knowledge of APIs and applications that deploy them
• Product Management experience of a business or consumer facing application or technology service
• Good Knowledge of Open Banking
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137934