MasterCard Director, Network Product Management & Strategic Initiatives, Asia Pacific in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Network Product Management & Strategic Initiatives, Asia Pacific
Mastercard Network Solutions develops and manages value-added products and services based on the global core switching platforms for debit, credit and prepaid. Our goals are to enable customers (Issuers, Processors, Acquirers, Merchants, etc.) to make better-informed decisions about transactions and thereby help them improve consumer experience and to create a core switching environment that delivers measurably greater value than our competitors
The Director – Network Product Management, will have responsibility to drive execution of market plans across the Network Product suite. Network Products leverage Mastercard’s transaction processing & switching capabilities to design solutions to solve for customer or market needs (e.g. cross-border fee manager, transaction optimizer, account status inquiry etc)
• The position will report to the VP, Network Product Management & Strategic Initiatives, Asia Pacific
• Responsible for defining the Network Product & Strategic initiatives for Asia Pacific and develop Go-To-Market plan across key Geographies / Products.
• Drive thought leadership for the optimization of current network services, advancement of emerging services, and creation of new services that deliver competitively superior customer value (for example, lower costs), and network performance (for example, higher positive authorization rates).
A successful candidate will positively answer these three questions:
• Can you develop and articulate, to internal and external audiences including our issuer, merchant and acquirer partners, thought leadership on current fraud trends in customer needs, best practices, implications for product rollouts, and future product opportunities?
• Do you have a proven track record of executing strategy successfully against measurable objectives?
• Are you highly skilled at leading a cross functional team of diverse skills and experience to optimize existing products and develop new products?
• Conducting market development activities and drive market preparation activities, translating marketing strategy to sales and account strategies and channel management approaches if appropriate.
• Defining business and technical requirements and manage the relationships with the support teams in Operations & Technology, Finance, Marketing and Market Development teams at a regional level
• Oversee the timely development, refresh and implementation of market level network solutions plans
• Build out, at market level, value chain participants and key dependencies
• Assess network solutions expansion plans in the context of relevance to market needs
o Support pre-sales process and optimizing procedures to deliver and sell network product/solution
o Aligning, Proposing and defending pricing strategy
o Gathering market intelligence and monitor market including competition
o Monitoring product’s revenue, profitability and other key performance indicators, take corrective action if these do not meet targets
• Achieve annual targets, in terms of revenues for existing and new network products and services
• Ensure that NS products and services can be delivered (i.e. are compliant with rules, can be billed using billing system, can be implemented)
• Develop and present business cases supporting new product concepts or product enhancements
• Comply with the PME (Product Management Excellence) and New Product Development/Go-To-Market (NPD/GTM) Process from concept through launch
• Participate in the planning, development and design of product marketing strategy and in the execution of advertising, promotional, and sales programs.
All About You
• Product Management excellence combined with strong project management ability is critical.
• Cross-functional work experience participating or managing multiple, complex projects concurrently and delivering timely results under tight timelines
• Solid knowledge of the payments business coupled with the ability to translate customers’ needs into revenue generating product designs
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis and synthesize large amounts of data, and provide recommendations effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence and build credibility; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages
• Technology savvy; close collaboration with Operations and Technology and future processing businesses
• Ability to embrace complexity, but deliver/articulate simplicity
• Proven ability to manage budgets and produce significant financial results
• Possess an advanced degree in business management
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124976