MasterCard Director, Market Development Travel in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Market Development Travel
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Our Enterprise Partnership organization is seeking to build a diverse strategic and consultative workforce of world-class relationship managers, problem-solvers and technologists. We are pursuing highly motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources. We align our team to compete and differentiate on the basis of customer intimacy, product and solution strength, and partnership orientation.
The Enterprise Partnerships Travel team focuses on building strategic partnerships with key travel industry players to shape the future of travel payments.
• The Market Development Travel Director, will be part of the team responsible for identify, developing Mastercard’s positioning and growth in B2B Travel Payment, by working with travel intermediaries all issuers, program managers, acquirers, travel merchants and key travel stakeholder..
• Active participation in driving current and future strategy for Mastercard B2B Travel Payment in the region with issuer, acquirers, travel intermediaries, travel merchants and main travel stakeholders
• Drive & manage relationships with key players on travel payment industry topic and manage business follow ups
• Conduct market development activities and drive market preparation activities, translating marketing strategy to sales and account strategies and channel management approaches if appropriate.
•Active participation in main industry's events in the region to create awareness and build industry's engagement
• Liaise with regional and country teams to roll up local activities into a global view.
• Identify, negotiate, develop (both independently and/or in collaboration with other Mastercard units) new business opportunities and strategic partnership that complement Mastercard’s B2B Travel Payment short and long-term vision.
• Work and align with Mastercard Product Teams, Regional Teams and other internal departments to push/achieve the strategic priorities
• Manage and/or coordinate relationship with strategic partners and develop a deep understanding on their products and long-term business strategies with a focus to maximize or generate new revenues streams.
•Research and analyze the Travel Industry to monitor B2B Travel trends in order to identify evolution and competition
• Create team spirit and work towards sharing initiatives and knowledge within the team
All About You
-High experience in the travel payment service industry
-Good understating of the payment business (issuing/acquiring)
-Good communication, relationship and collaboration skills
-Ability to connect and interact well with internal product & commercial teams
-Ability to structure agreements/deals
-Highly self-motivational in a Sales role
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-165174