MasterCard Director, Dispute Resolution Management- AP in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Dispute Resolution Management- AP
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our
company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a
sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The mission of the Mastercard Dispute Resolution Management team is to arbitrate customer disputes and compromise events, across current, new, and evolving platforms, using innovative processes, data analytics, and cyber intelligence, thereby fostering balance and integrity in the payments ecosystem. As part of Mastercard’s Franchise business unit, Dispute Resolution Management performs the following chargeback-related responsibilities- Handles customer inquiries and settles disputes relating to chargebacks, reviews and decides on arbitration and compliance cases, provides customer education on chargeback processing, serves in a consultative capacity to internal and external audiences, and manages and evolves Mastercard chargeback and arbitration rules.
• The core responsibility of this role will be to act as the regional lead within the Dispute Resolution Management team and to establish strategies and processes to provide a quality customer experience
• This candidate must understand the customers in the region and the priorities for these customers
• Additionally, an understanding of the market and cultures will be required
• This candidate will work closely with the region to understand the goals of the region, customer strategies and pain points to provide a quality customer experience
• Chargeback and arbitration knowledge or prior dispute experience is desired
• As a secondary responsibility of this role the candidate will review and rule complex chargeback arbitration and compliance cases specific to cardholder disputes, fraud, point of interaction errors, authorization, and questionable merchant activity
• Provide leadership and serve as a focal point for customer inquiries, support and resolving issues related to chargeback arbitration and compliance cases
• Mentor more junior staff
• Execute policies, applications, and technical requirements of dispute management processing, chargeback rules and overall Mastercard Rules
• Recommend and implement business or process improvements, recognizing global perspectives related to the chargeback processes
• Ensure initiatives align with business goals, and processes are maintained to meet service and quality standards
• Interacts with multiple business units (e.g., Legal, Customer facing, account teams and others) to support broad corporate initiatives
All About You
• Have a clear mission that focuses on the attention of the customer’s needs
• Identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Experience and knowledge in chargebacks, dispute management, fraud, transaction processing and/or compliance-related investigations are preferred
• Experience and ability to work independently to produce results as well as in a team setting
• Applied expertise of the payment card industry and banking operations practices
• Established as a subject matter expert and served as the go-to resource for junior and senior staff
• Exposure to relevant Microsoft Office programs and ability to create deliverables on a timely basis (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
• Exposure to working with various product lines, technologies, and industries
• Demonstrated initiative in developing relationships with internal partners across different areas and knowledge of how to navigate the organization to find internal resources
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or information technology or equivalent work experience
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-152890