MasterCard Director Cybersecurity Alliances - AP in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director Cybersecurity Alliances - AP
Director, Cybersecurity Alliances - AP
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard RiskRecon Cyber and Intelligence team is looking for a Director, Cybersecurity Alliances- AP to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving throughout the Asia Pacific Region. The ideal candidate is passionate about the partner and customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) division is the fastest growing division within Mastercard developing and delivering scalable, world-class security products and services for customers across the globe.
The Director, Cybersecurity Alliances - AP role will be responsible for identifying, negotiating, and activating partners, as well as relationship, and program management related to existing and prospective strategic Alliance partners throughout the Asia Pacific Region.
• Your previously demonstrated Cybersecurity Alliances experience will allow you to work cross-functionally and collaborate with the executive team, sales, marketing, and services team to help with growth and partner success, as we grow our global integration and strategic alliances footprint.
• Develop and maintain a formal assessment of potential alliance targets and prioritize recruitment based on ongoing alignment with Mastercard RiskRecon’s product and business strategy.
• Recruit alliance partners and collaborate with them to define business model and oversee integration and implementation of successful GTM for each alliance relationship.
• Engage existing Alliance partners and ensure mutually agreed technology and business objectives.
• Liaise between key stakeholders, and regularly communicate progress towards goals via dashboards and management reports.
• Engage in agreement/contract compliance procedures.
All About You
The ideal candidate:
• Demonstrated success and experience with relevant IT security, risk, technology products and services’ business development and revenue focused alliance or channel partnership roles.
• Drive Cybersecurity Alliance Partner deal closure, and ensure the relationship results in a mutually beneficial, fruitful, long-term partnership.
• Creative yet analytical thinker, with excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills.
• Experience in recruiting new partners, and accelerating returns from existing relationships.
• Ability to create and implement an external strategy while partnering/coordinating with various internal stakeholders.
• International experience is essential: Ability to understand local and regional intricacies and adjust to meet market demand and business needs, depending on Alliance Partner geography.
• Possess a strong understanding of the Cybersecurity market with the ability to quickly learn, understand and adapt to various adjacent technologies, ecosystems, and trends.
• Ability to simplify complex and technical dependencies into a streamlined, crisp, and concise customer narrative, and excel in the ability to translate opportunity as it relates to customer engagements.
• Comfort working in a fast paced, multi-disciplined environment; ability to conceptualize and implement non-traditional KPIs that will enable customer facing product conversations.
• Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
• Integration (API) experience is required.
• B.A. Degree is a plus.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices.
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed.
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-155984