MasterCard Director, Account Management in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Account Management
Director, Account Management
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Account Management
Mastercard is recruiting for a talented individual for a full time role in Account Management in supporting our Global Accounts team, which focuses on the sale and delivery of Mastercard products and services to leading Global Banks.
We are seeking experienced professionals with management consulting, technology sales, banking and/or payments experience that can bring a technical aptitude to strategic problem-solving to address customer challenges and opportunities and drive increase sales for Mastercard.
Our best account managers are motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources.
You will have the opportunity to contribute immediately through meaningful client-facing work in a rewarding, challenging and engaging work environment that emphasizes both team contribution and individual development.
• This role is responsible for all activity within the selected customer group, setting and driving the sales strategy as it relates to each customer accounts that are aligned with geography strategy and achieving sales goals that drive market share, volume and revenue growth.
• Identify opportunities and customer needs, responsible for pipeline management at the account level and partners with customers to deliver customized solutions and comprehensive consulting support.
• Responsible for driving high profile and high visibility projects associated with the customer, requiring the role to collaborate and drive multiple internal functions and liaising with external departments of the customer.
• The successful candidate must be comfortable and experienced at leading meetings with both the customer and Mastercard leadership and must be skilled at cutting through the ‘noise’ to the heart of issues and opportunities.
• Develop strong customer relationships across levels and functions (particularly product, portfolio/usage, fraud, marketing, operations, strategy and information technology) and influence or change customer preference towards Mastercard as a strategic partner and solution provider.
• The successful candidate must be expert in securing and coordinating all resources across Mastercard’s matrix-based organization – critical to the success of this role is ensuring that you can source the support required to deliver to your customer group.
• The successful candidate will be a custodian of the customer P&L and partners with the customer to establish, execute and report progress against annual business plans. Mastercard expects you to effectively manage your customer business agreements, make the right investment decisions to grow the short and long term value of the customer relationship and deliver to net revenue objectives.
• With a flat matrix structure, the successful candidate will also engage in addressing some operational activities as required in this role and be the customer contact for all activities. With responsibility for all administrative and operational issues for the target customer set.
• This role will be based in Singapore.
• Preference for candidates with work experience in technology organizations and conversant with cutting edge technology trends that impact the financial payments industry.
• Ability to negotiate contracts and execute and manage the customer contract agreement process.
• Experience in retail banking, card payments or fintech industries, with good knowledge of electronic payments industry, trends, issuing landscape, economics and value chain (good awareness of digital payments and convergence trends/technologies will be a strong plus).
• The candidate must have a strong track record in executing and managing sales strategies for numerous complex or large accounts.
• Demonstrated expertise and success leveraging MasterCard's payment products, rules, and services in customer accounts and has taken a lead role in customer negotiations.
• Sound business judgment with established conceptual thinking and proven financial acumen and analytical skills.
• Strong ability to interact with and influence and build consensus across a variety of internal and external stakeholders and levels of leadership. Strong team player, ability to collaborate with peers and proven ability to work in a matrix organization.
• Demonstrates strong self-awareness, open to different approaches and ideas and open to challenging status quo to drive new business initiatives.
• Superior communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Track record of performance on revenue and share growth.
• Strong impact, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Ability to thrive in an individual contributor role.
Undergraduate degree in business / computer sciences / engineering required; MBA preferred.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123943