MasterCard Director, Account Management in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Account Management
Based out of Singapore the role of Director – Account Management offers the successful individual the opportunity to leverage their Account Management skills and Business Development strengths to manage a highly successful global merchant account and create new strategic partnerships with merchants across AP. Based within the Market Development Function you will work across Mastercard’s diverse services and technology solutions to deliver incremental revenue to Mastercard and our merchant partners. This is a individual contributor role with no direct reports.
Responsible for end to end Account Management, planning and execution and pipeline creation this diverse position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5-10 years experience within the merchant and/or payments/service industry with consultative B2B sales experience.
• Responsible for all aspects of business development activities including creation and execution of a detailed sales pipeline for key global merchants that will drive market share, increase volume and deliver incremental revenue growth.
• Leverage profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis to identify pipeline and manage existing merchants.
• Identify and develop strong relationships with key decision makers (C-Suite) within Global and pipeline merchants across multiple functions (digital, loyalty, marketing, services, C&I).
• Partner with cross functional teams including Data & Services, C&I, Product, Marketing to create incremental revenue opportunities based on identified Merchant needs.
• Provide superior strategic account management for Global merchant through robust account planning – building a deep understanding of customer needs, defining creative solutions to meet those needs, and working effectively across internal functions to bring together the resources required to deliver enhanced value to the customer.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Global merchant’s strategy, the organizational structure and opportunity pipeline through the generation and management of account plans.
• Collaborate with market development teams across AP and Globally
• Eexecute and monitor progress against business plans.
• Negotiate, execute and manage the customer contract agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing.
• Solid knowledge of the payments and card industry, ideally with experience working with retailers, airlines, and other industries.
• Broad or extensive experience with sales strategy development and execution in complex/global accounts.
• Extensive track record in achieving success/profitability for key customer accounts.
• Experience in negotiating challenging situations and closing complex deals.
• Comprehensive experience creating, executing and managing sales strategies for merchants and/or large corporate accounts
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Mastercard's core products and services
• Consistently delivers thoughtful market and business analysis to support hypothesis
All about you
• Strong team player
• Comfortable to lead customer engagements and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Operate unsupervised, with a sense of urgency
• Results driven and able to focus on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Dynamic, forward-thinking positive team player, adept at engaging and leveraging internal resources to achieve success & contributing to the wider team environment
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex, competitive sales efforts and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Ability to manage and grow internal and external cross functional relationships and partnerships with executives at all levels
• Sound business judgment with established strategic and conceptual thinking and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; a self-starter who functions without a large infrastructure around them
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical skills – utilizing internal and external data to manage performance
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114903