MasterCard Director, Account Management, CGIs & Digital Banking Customers in Singapore
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Account Management, CGIs & Digital Banking Customers
The role is responsible for managing relationships with Digital Partners in Singapore with a focus on Digital Activity Banks, Telco’s (Mobile Network Operators), Digital Merchants (including but not limited to Online Market Places and On Demand Services), Licenced key Digital Activity Players.
The key areas of responsibilities are to own and drive the Strategic Imperatives and Business Development initiatives for the Digital Partners across the industry verticals including building/ deepening relationships with the partners. The team will focus on:
• Positioning MC as strategic technology partner, critical to profitability/ business growth
• Deepening relationships with key Digital Partners, ensuring holistic engagement(s) at all levels and driving flawless execution with robust governance processes
• Building and executing commercial partnerships and strategic initiatives
• Bring scalable value propositions and ecosystems across the different verticals that drive partners and Mastercard key KPIs (revenue, new consumers, transactions etc.)
• Providing Thought Leadership internally and externally
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this role is to manage the relationship with key strategic digital partnership accounts in Singapore in collaboration with Mastercard Cross Functional Partners.
The role, is responsible for driving account management in Singapore for key digital partners, as well as driving MasterCard’s engagement with industry organizations - and as a result driving growth in MasterCard revenue with Digital Players.
The role is responsible for signing and executing signed partnership/commercial deals with Mastercard Digital Partners across multiple markets. Including developing and executing new and innovative digital payment business models and ecosystems.
The incumbent will be responsible for exercising leadership in driving core revenue and product cross sales across Mastercard including active collaboration and partnership with product and market development teams to drive execution.
Additionally the role will,
• Contribute to the achievement of the customer’s sales and net revenue targets including designing strategies, messaging and proposals for customers.
• Assist with analysis of the customer’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis including Budgeting, Strategic Account planning and Quarterly Business Reviews.
• Collaborate with the cross functional team members and country teams to plan, execute and monitor progress against annual business plans.
Summary of responsibilities:
• Execution of Strategic Account Commercial Deals and /or Strategic Partnership agreements.
o Work with Business Owners, Executive Sponsors and Finance to clearly define strategic initiatives and priorities, set objectives, financial goals, funding requirements, and key performance indicators to measure success.
o Exercise strong judgment and organization skills to prioritize and replan activities so that critical path tasks and deliverables are not delayed
o Own the customer’s P & L including Budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting
o Responsible for reviews of the overall performance of the group, and also for managing the relationship and profitability as per the commercial deal.
o Responsible for all administrative and operational issues for the partners.
• Develop & sell new opportunities with the Strategic Partners with the view to accelerate business growth – to increase MasterCard share and volume and identifying new revenue streams
o Own the co-creation and development of new business models, value propositions and /or innovative ecosystems in collaboration with the customer, internal stakeholders and /or external third party providers as required.
o Ownership of developing account plans, GTM deliverables for defined group of key merchants, in collaboration with the regional teams
o Develop new business opportunities/ sales pipeline leveraging full suite of MasterCard products and solutions, including co-brands, prepaid and commercial products, Advisors’ services and other MasterCard products service innovations or enhancements
o Develop financial modelling and business cases for identified opportunities
o Develop strong working relationships with key influencers at merchant and with MasterCard support teams (e.g., IMK regional teams, product dev. teams, market dev. teams, etc.)
o Work with MasterCard cross functional teams to identify new segment and product opportunities and develop/ execute bespoke propositions to maximize penetration with merchants/ industry
o Strive for broadening a strategic partnership with a regional presence
• Execute flawlessly through collaboration with key constituents both internally (market development, global products & solutions, legal, franchise and finance teams), as well as external resources (customers and merchants, regulators and third party service providers) to ensure seamless execution of the strategy
o Develop views on competition positioning in the partners industry vertical for MasterCard.
o Perform market research and opportunity assessments on new concepts and ideas. Assess the viability of new products in support of market strategy
All About You
• In depth experience executing and managing sales strategies for numerous complex or large accounts, having participated in cross-functional projects and taken the opportunity to play a key role for their own market/account
• Demonstrated expertise and success leveraging payment products, rules, and services in customer accounts, consistently delivered thoughtful market and business analysis for customer accounts.
• Payment industry experience/ understanding of payment & info. flows along digital partner/merchant value chain
• Track record of building and growing complex partnerships, including experience of taking a lead role in customer negotiation(s)
• Acquired in-depth experience in core banking/financial industries and another emerging industry (i.e., retail, telecommunications)
• Strong Project Management and Program Execution Skills
• Solid leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (internal and external stakeholders)
• Results driven, entrepreneurial and a proactive self-starter, requires minimal supervision.
• A high level of commercial and business acumen including thought leadership is required. Long-term strategic view mind-set.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98298