MasterCard 2021 Summer Internship, Mastercard Labs in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
2021 Summer Internship, Mastercard Labs
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
The Mastercard Intern Program is a comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives. Successful candidates will be assigned to a business unit within International Markets for 10 - 12 weeks.
Mastercard Labs is Mastercard’s global research and development division, is looking for brilliant and passionate software engineers to join its global R&D team
In this role, you will work on projects as a key member of a highly agile team of engineers within Mastercard Labs, working to build product prototypes and pilots.
Design, code, document and test components / subsystems to a world class standard in an agile way
• Be solution oriented – find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirements on time
• Work independently with teamwork spirit
• Ensure adherence to established software development process
• Share knowledge of various technologies to other team members
Program Dates & Components:
• Impactful assignments that drive business results
• Networking sessions and leadership speakers series
• Volunteer and team building experiences
• Evidence of strong academics, penultimate year of study ( graduating by June 2021)
• Project management, problem solving and planning skills with a demonstrated record of successfully managing multiple projects
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Experience of worked in technology roles in financial institutions is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills needed:
Deep understanding of Software Engineering
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
Key Technology Areas:
• Backend (Java/2JEE, Grails, Spring, Rails, Python, Node JS, API design, Microservice Architecture)
• Mobile (iOS, Android)
• Database (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Others (Hadoop, Arduino, Machine Learning)
Application End date will be: 31st October 2020
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113839