MasterCard 2021 Mastercard Launch, Associate Specialist, Operations & Technology - Markets & Transformation in Singapore
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
2021 Mastercard Launch, Associate Specialist, Operations & Technology - Markets & Transformation
Job Description Summary
Mastercard Launch is a full-time graduate development program designed to build the skills we leverage most as an innovator in the payments space, connects employees in enriching ways, and immerses new talent into our Doing Well by Doing Good culture. This program is meant for those who dare to be greater and those who wish to make a real impact in the world. Eligibility requires degree completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in December of 2020 or May 2021.
Mastercard – a technology company with a global network, powering billions of transitions every year. The O&T team is at the heart of Mastercard, the engine, enabling our pursuit of and journey to a world beyond cash.
Working alongside the Region’s CTO, this role will provide management support on both internal and external technology engagements and strategic regional initiatives. As O&T powers the entire organization, this role touches each function, providing the successful candidate with access to and visibility of the complete breadth of the organization.
The payments industry is in the midst of a renaissance. Traditional card rails are no longer the only solution provided by Mastercard as we look to digitize economies providing holistic solutions for both governments and our customers. With a host of new player beyond the traditional FIs, we are partnering with fintechs, paytechs, MNO’s, digital / neo / challenger banks along with our traditional customers, to provide multi-rail solutions across P2P, P2M, A2A, B2B etc.
• Support the Regional O&T Lead to achieve key regional objectives
• Partner with both the product and market teams to provide multi-rail solutions for our customers across ‘Accounts, Blockchain, Cards and Data’
• Support cross functional initiatives to reengineer end to end processes, driving agility and improving TTM
• Act as a single point of contact for the business (markets, products, services) when they require non-standard support from other O&T functions, namely:
o Global O&T Programs
o Regional Network Engineering
o Regional Customer Support
o Regional Corporate and Cyber Security
o Regional Employee Digital Engagement
• Manage – in partnership with Business Operations – tracking, analysis and process improvement activities related to customer-impacting incidents.
• Coordinate O&T’s engagement in Mastercard’s ‘Product Management Excellence’ process which ensures we deliver best in class, fit for purpose products to the region
• Engage with Mastercard Labs, to ensure products are being designed with Mastercard’s tech stack and best practices in mind. Support in the transition of products from Labs incubation environments to O&T, for scaling and commercialization
• Create and support learning and communications for internal and external stakeholders of Technology innovation, culture of security and operational excellence
• Support the articulation of the O&T Program Model to regional stakeholders
All About You:
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program majoring in Business Administration, Management or a related field with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
• Understanding of payments, the mobile and/or ecommerce market and technologies
• Strong Communication and Presentation skills
• Understanding of the areas of strategy, planning, and project management
• Understanding of finance models and planning
• Strong analytical/problem solving and planning skills
• Understanding of operating in a global or matrixed environment
Application end date will be on: October 31, 2020
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113822