MasterCard Security Assurance in Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
• Lead and/or support customers’, regulators, technology and security examinations (e.g., on-site, virtual); collect documentation and evidence to demonstrate how Mastercard satisfies obligations and commitments
• Respond to customer and regulatory inquiries and requests for information/questionnaires which includes mapping customer control domains to Mastercard controls.
• In conjunction with the first line of defense business owners, help create and oversee execution of effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations
• Manage Risk Registry and coordinate corrective action plans with the first line of defense until risk is fully mitigated
• Lead information collection process with business owners and communication of documentation and information needed for periodic customer and regulator meetings and reporting.
• Identify, analyze and report regulator and customer risk assessment/examinations findings and trends to internal stakeholders for action/follow-up and monitoring of progress.
• Supports policies and procedures to minimize exposure and drive the proper controls,
• Provides data analysis and strategy execution across risk areas, leveraging an understanding of risk and regulation.
• Supports cross-functional initiatives to deliver on risk goals, policies and procedures.
• Develops risk processes, including identifying and implementing best practices and ensuring all risk management processes are documented, reviewed and updated regularly.
• Create a presentations and memos for senior leadership
• Understand and support the Technology risk strategies that maintain the status of industry compliance standards (e.g., PCI, ISO 27001) for applications that process, store or transfer payment card information and personal data and the enterprise infrastructure where they reside.
• Understand and support the Technology risk strategies that maintain the status of the Stakeholder Assurance function that provides interface controls and expertise for responding to customer requests, RFP support and customer audit support.
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES
• Master’s degree in law, finance, business management or IT related field.
• Experience in IT, Banking, Payment or FinTech sectors in similar role (Risk Management, Compliance).
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Experience collaborating cross-functionally to identify and implement best practice risk processes.
• Experience delivering presentations and supporting messaging with senior leadership.
• Knowledge of Risk and Control Framework standards such as SOC 1, SOC 2, PCI-DSS, ISO.
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they related to technology, cybersecurity and IT management, especially in relation to payment sector(e.g., GDPR, RTS, PFMI, etc.)
• Strong IT technical knowledge, including emerging technologies and potential for exploitation.
• Experience leading cross-functional projects, teams or committees.
• Demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results on a key initiatives.
• Experience identifying capability gaps and successfully works to coach and build skills within project team.
• Exposure to delivering presentations and engaging with senior leadership.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128764