MasterCard Product Marketing Manager, Identity Solutions (Remote - Anywhere in the US or Canada) in Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Product Marketing Manager, Identity Solutions (Remote - Anywhere in the US or Canada)
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe.
The C&I marketing team is responsible for driving marketplace demand for innovative products and services to address the evolving risk and cyber security needs of all of Mastercard’s various customer segments. The C&I team was established with the responsibility to safeguard all aspects of safety and security in payments and have made great strides with new products, services, and standards, positively impacting all aspects of our current and future payment eco-system.
As part of this organization, the Identity Solutions Marketing team leads the global B2B marketing initiatives for our identity solutions that enable simple and secure digital experiences for consumers, governments, and businesses in multiple segments.
This role requires a curious and thoughtful person with drive and ambition and interest in cybersecurity, payments, and identity solutions, to interpret and translate market trends into insights, with an ability to think conceptually and connect dots across multiple product areas and groups while contributing to emerging business priorities spanning Identity Solutions products.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will synthesize market, buyer personas, solution, and competitive inputs into digestible positioning and value proposition messaging framework. And cascade across teams to ensure Mastercard and MA Regions adhere to our messaging framework.
The Product Marketing Manager will create a lasting impression among customers, improve product sales and market share as you work to ensure that a consistent, desirable message is conveyed through communications channels. You will build a clear communication and messaging framework, and collaborate with content management, marketing, and demand generation teams to align solution positioning, buyer journey mapping and product differentiation into content, sales toolkit, and marketing campaigns. This responsibility is pivotal for a solution’s market success because it differentiates the product by ensuring that it always stays in line with customer needs and market trends. In addition to this, solution positioning assures the solution a competitive edge because the Manager will always understand the current competitive situation.
Product positioning and narrative creation
Understand identity solutions portfolio to manage messaging in alignment with C&I narrative
Leverage market intelligence about fraud trends and competitors’ products
Work closely with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams to develop product launch strategies
Evaluate accomplishment of objectives using metrics defined for measuring effectiveness
• Go-to-market messaging: Craft and recommend succinct product value propositions that are persona-led, crisp and competitively differentiated, and test efficacy. Consideration of market problems, target buyers, buyer needs, positioning and messaging, competitive differentiators with clear objectives.
• Understand intimately the details and nuances of our market, buyer personas, and be able to deliver the business results via sales enablement and clearly differentiated messaging.
• Develop and maintain messaging guides of tone/style and key messaging that can be cascaded widely across Mastercard that clearly articulates the “so what”.
• Powerfully sell value to prospects and internal teams. Be a storyteller that connects complex technologies to benefits.
• Recommend and co-identify key product, segmentation, and positioning opportunities by leveraging data and insights.
• Steers integration of product messaging and programs with marketing programs and vice-versa
• Map and document buyer journey: define personas, content needs, and develop buyer personas for identity solutions to guide all Mastercard comms and teams.
• Ability to quickly assess and understand the fraud, risk and identity space, understand how Mastercard technologies can be applied to improve results, and synthesize into meaningful, quantifiable, differentiated business improvements.
• Customer and market advocacy: Be an expert on our customers, buyers and the buying process to create buyer personas, pains, and factors in the buying process.
• Internal enablement: own product positioning and product narratives as you drive messaging among our team and other internal teams.
Core Competencies and Skills
• Demonstrated success in clear, succinct, and differentiated messaging and storytelling.
• Experience identifying research resulting in ability to represent the voice of the customer.
• Experience in the creation and execution of highly successful value driven messaging.
• 5-7 years B2B product marketing experience in technology/software space (or equivalent skills and knowledge). Background preferably includes marketing of enterprise-class solutions, security, fraud, identity solutions, risk, SaaS, or technology companies or equivalent experience required, knowledge of digital banking, eCommerce operations and payment services helpful.
• Driven and completed at least one entire product launch or messaging programme from content to launch including post adoption monitoring.
• You know how to question the known, and use data to inform decisions, creative strategy, and stakeholder buy-in; but avoid analysis paralysis.
• Outstanding messaging acumen. Blend of business analyst, storyteller, and product SME. Demonstrated ability to develop impactful, fact-based, sales-usable product and value proposition stories (requires strong analytical and creative thought processes).
• Strong writing, analytical and presentation skills. Ability to understand complex processes and technologies, and translate into simple concepts (written, graphical, architectural, and verbal). Adept at communicating concepts in both written and graphic form. Candidate must show samples of presentations and collateral they have developed.
• Proven ability to create, direct and collaborate with content manager on decision-oriented sales tools.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-171441