MasterCard Information Security Manager in Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Information Security Manager
Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure development disciplines
• Can you provide detailed guidance on the securely implement systems in public cloud environments
• Can you advise development teams on how to securely design applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing approaches to security engineering
• Have you performed security analysis of mobile applications, web applications and web services and understand the threats, attacks and risks to payment applications
• Can you analyse an application architecture to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level, while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user
• Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely develop and build applications and supporting systems
• Define secure mechanisms for critical business functions in cloud environments
• Work closely with developers and evaluate business requests and proposed designs to determine feasibility; work with software development teams to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new enhanced systems
• Leverage security experience and knowledge within the mobile and digital commerce arena to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal MasterCard stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers, and senior management
• Define security requirements and guidelines to ensure repeatable processes are followed by worldwide teams
• Assist in the strategy, standards, and architecture for the security aspects of the SDLC including application, mobile, web service, DevOps, cloud, and CICD efforts
All About You
• Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy within the domain of digital commerce including relevant practical experience
• Demonstrate a broad awareness of security engineering concepts and practices across all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Experience providing security architecture advice for web based network environments and secure communication, including mobile applications, web applications and web services
• Knowledge and technical security experience in cryptography, including several of the following encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS
• Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vSphere and Google AppEngine, OpenStack or Azure
• Experience of continuous delivery continuous integration processes and procedures including critical security considerations in automated workflows
• Technical experience with Java or similar enterprise programming language, especially related to secure coding best practices
• Experienced in mobile security architecture concepts, design and implementation for Android and IOS
• Demonstrated experience designing secure multi-domain Internet-facing applications
• Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications
• Working knowledge and technical security experience with UNIX, Linux, Solaris, or AIX
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
• Information security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, or equivalent preferred. Information systems auditing certification such as CISA or GISA is highly desirable.
• Prior information security management work experience in a large or medium size organization is required
• Management experience in financial or banking services industry especially Real Time Payment solutions
• Must have a working knowledge of information management systems: networking, operating systems, database management systems, user identity and access control systems, firewalls and intrusion detection systems, and security monitoring and reporting systems.
• Experience developing and maintaining information security policies, standards, processes, guidelines, procedures, controls, and incident response planning, preferably for financial institutions, payment brands, acquirers and/or processors
• Must have experience with information security management frameworks
• Track record of planning and executing complex work efforts
• Strong interpersonal communication, analysis, and writing skills
• Strong leadership skills including ability to work effectively with business unit managers, product development and IT operations staff
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Be a team player
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally – the role is envisaged to be mainly single location based but there will be the need for some travel.
• Ability to successfully lead extended teams through new and complex concepts and processes
• Ability to quickly research and brief the client on new technologies/services/threats
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Responsible and self-directed – drives initiatives, translates plans into specific actions across a team, and executes in earnest
• Adaptive – Comfortable working within a culture that is values-based, customer-centric, process-oriented, and results-driven
• Integrity – Practices world-class ethical standards. Builds an environment of trust, openness, fairness and consistency, keeping commitments, and providing rationale for decisions
• Aptitude – Demonstrates strong intellectual capabilities and aptitude when synthesizing complex data and strategic issues
• Collaboration – Contributes to highly integrated teams through effective communication, clear direction and steadfast follow-through. Earns the confidence of partners through sound judgments in a dynamic environment.
• Inspiring. A highly motivated, seasoned, and self-assured leader with high confidence in his or her superior professional skills and ability to drive decisions with equanimity.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128754