MasterCard Senior Strategy Consultant, Data & Services in Vienna, Austria
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Strategy Consultant, Data & Services
Senior Strategy Consultant, Data & Services
• Are you a strategic thinker?
• Do you welcome challenges and have a solution-oriented mindset?
• Do you thrive taking over responsibility in teams and partnering with clients to drive innovation, impact, and value?
If so, Mastercard Data & Services is looking for people like you to join our growing team in Vienna. Reach out to us to find out more about the engaging and impactful career opportunities in consulting with Mastercard’s Data & Services team!
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. We combine top tier management consulting with our rich data assets, in-house technology, and payment expertise to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for impactful consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Senior Strategy Consultant (Internal Title: Associate Managing Consultant)
As a Senior Strategy Consultant, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements and diverse projects in the financial services and payment industry and gain unique insights into the digital innovation roadmap of various clients and Mastercard. A Senior Strategy Consultant in our team:
• Generates key hypotheses and independently structures workstreams for large, strategically important regional and global clients
• Oversees the day-to-day work of the project Delivery team, identifying creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and create effective, impactful storylines and slides
• Identifies client challenges beyond the day-to-day work with a client and develops structured solution approaches to address these challenges
• Is responsible for building strong relationships with mid-level client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture, and change readiness
In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or Master’s degree or work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
• Experience in a consulting organization working as a senior consultant/junior project manager
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple workstreams
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Proven conflict management skills and confidence in managing ambiguity on projects
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
What we offer:
Apart from working in an innovative industry within a collaborative, diverse and motivated team, and an attractive salary in line with the market, our employees in Austria enjoy a variety of benefits including the following:
• Private medical insurance
• Employer-backed pension plan
• Access to learning an development courses
• 5 community outreach and volunteering days per calendar year
• Employer that is consistently ranked highly (Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138623