MasterCard Software Engineer, Front End - Brighterion in Vancouver, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineer, Front End - Brighterion
Internally, this role is referred to as Senior Engineer, Software Engineering - Brighterion
At Brighterion, as part of Mastercard Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, we lead the industry in providing artificial intelligence for mission critical decision making. Our world-class software operates at scale to detect and inform in real-time, across tens of thousands of events per second. We are currently seeking software engineers in Vancouver to join our growing team, as we re-imagine our user experience and explore new concepts in AI management. In this role, you will work with usability and systems analysts, architects and test engineers, to develop information-driven user interfaces which are intuitive and tailored to the points of interaction.
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on business needs.
• Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
• Design and implement application logic in Java.
• Integrate data from back-end services and databases.
• Test and verify features work correctly.
• Support existing customers.
All About You
• Strong Programming skills and a deep knowledge in Java
• Experience with Spring Framework
• Good understanding of relational database systems: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL
• Experience with Java servlet containers such as: Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Glassfish
• Designing and using REST APIs at scale
• Experience with AWS services EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, Kinesis, etc.
• Experience with infrastructure orchestration and/or infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Experience with open source data collection and processing technologies, e.g. fluentd, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark
• Experience with any machine learning toolkits (Tensorflow, Keras, etc).
• Understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) concepts and related protocols: SAML, LDAP, OpenAM
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-72650