MasterCard Software Engineer, Front End - Brighterion in Vancouver, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineer, Front End - Brighterion
Internally, this role is referred to as Senior Engineer, Software Engineering - Brighterion
At Brighterion, as part of Mastercard Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, we lead the industry in providing artificial intelligence for mission critical decision making. Our world-class software operates at scale to detect and inform in real-time, across tens of thousands of events per second. We are currently seeking software engineers in Vancouver to join our growing team, as we re-imagine our user experience and explore new concepts in AI management. In this role, you will work with usability and systems analysts, architects and test engineers, to develop information-driven user interfaces which are intuitive and tailored to the points of interaction.
• Understand the value intended for the customer and translate it into technical designs and working software
• Work with UX designers to understand mockups and style, and deliver functional equivalents using ReactJS and CSS
• Integrate data-driven components with REST and SOAP APIs…sometimes developing them yourself in Java Spring
• Be proficient in defining unit tests and documenting everything well
• Show working code every few weeks to understand progress and course correct
All About You
• Ability to work independently and at times be self-directed with a sense of urgency and trust
• Proficience with Java is highly desired, possibly also experience with web containers, particularly Tomcat and JBoss
• Understanding of both relational and non-relational data and how to manage client-side cache accordingly
• Aptitude in optimizing code for performance and responsiveness
• Experience creating data visualizations using a framework like d3 is definitely a plus
• Comfortable with agile methodology (where it embraces the common sense approach for which it was designed)
• BS in computer science or a related field preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-72650