MasterCard Software Development Engineer – Lead in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer – Lead
We are seeking an experienced and passionate software development engineer to lead designing, building, and delivering technical solutions for our leading behavioural and fraud analysis product, NuDetect.
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by distinguishing good users from bad, based on their online behaviour. By evaluating over 38 billion behaviours annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioural and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer friction, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
In this role, you will:
• Architect, design, and own technical solutions
• Build high-scale, global solutions with operational excellence
• Advocate for and apply software engineering best practices
• Be a technical leader and help your team growth through mentorship
All about you
• 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering building and delivering high quality solutions
• Demonstrated the ability to design complex technical solutions and chaperon a team through building it
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices including architecture, design, coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing, operations
• Proven understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Expert level development experience with at least one object-oriented language
• Proven ability to build high-scale, global products with cloud providers
• Full understanding of SDLC & agile principles
Helpful to have
• Expert level development experience with PHP
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Cassandra, or Others)
• Experience with caching techniques and distributed caches (Redis)
• Experience/interested in fraud detection and security
• Knowledge of QA automation & CI/CD best practices
This is a full-time position with competitive salary, great extended health benefits, flextime schedules, and a work environment that encourages and supports professional development. All that and beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues who are as brilliant as they are likeable. We love working here, and we think you will too.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129579