MasterCard Software Development Engineer II (Data Engineer) in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II (Data Engineer)
Interested in building the next generation platform that handles petabytes of data and powers data insight creation using cutting edge data science technology? Excited about using Big Data, AI/Machine Learning and Data Analytics to deliver actionable insights? We are a dynamic team of top-notch engineers who are committed to make a dent in the FinTech universe.
We are growing rapidly in Vancouver in the beautiful British Columbia, and if you wish to be part of this Priceless® experience, read below.
The Digital Insights Platform (DIP) team is looking for a Software Development Engineer II who is passionate about data and analytics , highly motivated and can take technical ownership of data solutions with an emphasis on engineering efficiency and on-time delivery.
The ideal candidate is exposed to the fast-paced world of Big Data technology and has experience in building data solutions using new and emerging technologies while maintaining stability of the platform. The person will get a chance to work with diverse datasets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes data.
In this role, you will:
• Develop batch and streaming solutions using various Big Data technologies
• Be responsible for assessing technologies and approaches for ingestion, transformation and storage
• Develop software utilizing open source technologies to interface with distributed and relational data sources
• Work closely with team members from across Mastercard to identify functional and system requirements
All About you
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have hands-on knowledge of Spark (Scala preferred), Hadoop, Kafka etc
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Have experience working with real-time or near real-time ingestion
• Always look for potential solutions to solve problems
• Have strong programming knowledge in Java , Scala or Python.
• Proven track record of delivering software projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Have excellent oral and written communication
• Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Have demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Have a BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114984