MasterCard Software Development Engineer II-2 in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II-2
The Integrated Marketing Platform (IMP) team is looking for a Software Development Engineer II to provide technical ownership, with an emphasis on engineering efficiency and on-time delivery.
The ideal candidate has expertise in building microservices using new and emerging technologies. The person will get a chance to develop innovative solutions and transform the way Mastercard automates, optimize and innovate digital marketing life cycle.
In this role, you will:
• Develop REST APIs and webservices using Java, Spring Boot and other emerging technologies
• Be responsible for assessing technologies and approaches for integrating backend data services with user interface
• Work closely with team members from across Mastercard to identify functional and system requirements
All About you
The ideal candidate for this position expected to:
• Be specialised in developing large scale application using either
• Java, Spring Boot and Microservices (REST API), or
• Modern web development in React and/or Angular (2+), NodeJS, GraphQL etc.
• Have good knowledge of Unit testing and Mockito frameworks like JUnit and Mockito
• Have experience in working with Relational and NoSQL databases
• Have excellent oral and written communication
• Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Have demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Last but not the least, have bias for action.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129663