MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Test in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Mastercard’s Enterprise Security Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security, a Mastercard company, is an award-winning company that predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis, letting clients predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
NuData Security is looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our growing team.
• Can you play a key role in ensuring customers get consistent delivery of products that meet the highest quality levels with every release, with focus on testing both the UI and back-end services of a leading web and mobile risk-based behavioral analytics system?
• Do you have experience with attention to detail and a desire to attain the highest possible standards while acting as a primary representative of the interests of a client base that includes Fortune 50 companies?
This position is primarily technical test design and execution as a member of an Agile-based Scrum team with opportunities to exercise automation, tooling, and scripting skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with developers throughout the sprint cycle to ensure that we deliver only high-quality features.
This role requires a proactive attitude and the knowledge and ability to help influence and shape the QA process and drive the team to release the best possible product. The right fit will also be able and willing to take an innovative approach towards testing and troubleshooting new technologies in the form of APIs, web services, and user interfaces.
This is a technical position and will require writing, interpreting, and reviewing both test and application code.
All About You
• Knowledge of fundamental QA processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid understanding of the web DOM
• Knowledge of how a basic web server / application works
• Knowledge of the HTTP protocol and requests
• Manual web application testing experience
• Understanding of how to write effective defect reports
• Ability to create and maintain test cases based on acceptance criteria
• Experience with *nix operating systems (MacOS, Linux)
• Experience using least one high-level programming or scripting language
• Experience using team collaboration and bug tracking tools
• Willing to invest time learning new tools and technologies
• Experience with version control systems (P4, Git, SVN, etc.)
• Experience with Selenium or other web test automation frameworks
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Experience with CI systems (Jenkins)
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a company, like summer kayaking, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129149