MasterCard Senior DevOps Engineer in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behaviour. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviours annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioural and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for DevOps engineer or site reliability engineer to join our team as a Senior DevOps Engineer in our Vancouver-based office. You will be a key member of our growing team which is responsible for building and expanding Mastercard's footprint in the cloud, focusing on bringing products and their deployment processes to the cloud.
About the Role
• Operate services across multiple environments and regions, deploying updates, migrating databases with a focus on ensuring high availability of NuData Services
• Collaborate on the design and implementation of infrastructure automation solutions
• Mentor other members of the team and influence DevOps best practices within your team
• Refine, enhance and maintain the CI/CD pipelines and development process used within our teams to drive improvements to developer efficiency
• Own, maintain and create infrastructure on AWS using best practices (IaC)
• Proactively resolve production issues before they surface and participate in the on-call rotation
• Reactively and proactively 'grease the wheels' in order to maximize developer efficiency and get things out to production quickly, efficiently, and with minimal risk
All About You
• Have experience with deploying and managing SaaS products in cloud
• You are comfortable programming in at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. PHP, Java, Python)
• Have a good understanding of networking protocols like TCP, HTTP, HTTPS
• Have a strong desire to automate and eliminate human intervention
• Experience in managing servers, networks, and infrastructure
• An interest in fraud detection and security
• Experience in designing, developing, and implementing scalable and resilient RESTful API services
• Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS and their native tools
• Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Packer, Vagrant, Terraform and monitoring tools such as Splunk and DataDog
• Familiarity with databases, such as Redis, Elasticsearch or MySQL
• Experience with networking concepts like VPN, Routing, and private clouds
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
What we offer in return includes a spot in our new downtown Vancouver office along with a flexible work from home policy. We do cool things as a team, like summer events, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don't forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-133323