MasterCard Senior Data Scientist – Data Engineer for AI-Express in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Data Scientist – Data Engineer for AI-Express
The Brighterion Data Science team is responsible for creating deep learning Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and Machine Learning (M.L.) models using Brighterion modeling software and open-source tools. The models generated are production ready and created for a broad range of verticals (financial, healthcare, IoT, etc.). The Data Science team is also responsible for developing automated processes for creating models covering all modeling steps, from data extraction up to delivery. In addition, the processes are designed to scale, to be repeatable, resilient and industrialized.
You will be joining a team of Data Scientists and Engineers working on innovative A.I. and M.L. models and engaging in fast execution projects. Our innovative cross-channel AI solutions are applied in Fortune 500 companies in industries such as fin-tech, investment banking, biotech, healthcare, and insurance. We are pursuing a highly motivated individual with strong problem solving skills to take on the challenge of structuring and engineering data and cutting-edge A.I. model development processes and technologies.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
• Independently maintain and organize data and tools for data transfer, mining, cleaning/processing, and validation
• Provide structured, quality data for downstream enrichment and modeling, and recommend ways to improve data quality and efficiency
• Develop, test, and improve data processes and architectures
• Work with multiple disparate sources of data, storage systems, and building processes and pipelines to provide cohesive datasets for analysis and modeling
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and have opportunities to grow and develop as a data scientist
• Data engineering experience
• Experience with SQL language and one or multiple of the following database technologies: PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Netezza.
• Good knowledge of Linux / Bash environment
• Experience in Python
• Good communication skills
• Highly skilled problem solver
• Exhibits a high degree of initiative
• At least an undergraduate in Data Engineering, CS, or STEM related field. Masters preferred
• Experience in multiple scripting languages and storage systems
• Programming Languages: Java, Python
• Understanding of the importance of data organization and security
• Detail oriented, efficient, strong work-ethic
• Loves working with error-prone, messy, disparate, unstructured data
• Can lead design efforts for improving data storage and processing, and future efforts to transition to cloud environments
At AI Express, we work on an exciting range of problems across credit risk, anti-money laundering, healthcare fraud waste and abuse, and other emerging verticals. You will lead, learn, grow and have fun! Intrigued? Let’s chat more
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142641