MasterCard Senior Consultant, SW Engineering – Digital Marketing Platform Development in Vancouver, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Consultant, SW Engineering – Digital Marketing Platform Development
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Consultant, Software Engineering, Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing empowers end-to-end marketing campaign management inclusive of population targeting and digital marketing campaign execution and measurement enabling managed services. The overarching goal is to deliver the right content, to the right person, at the right time.
• The Sr. Consultant, Platform Architect, Digital Marketing will develop, deliver and support the Digital Marketing Platform. The objective for this role is to provide strong technical ownership, with an emphasis on engineering efficiency and on-time delivery.
• The position candidate should have strong understanding of software development using Agile methodologies and have experience working with global and distributed teams and cloud native development. This position requires a thorough knowledge of developing scalable, resilient and high performance applications from the ground up, also able to take existing applications and make them cloud deployable.
• Requires a strong understanding of event streaming, data lineage and usage, data storage, modeling, ETL, and batch file processing.
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
• Hands on experience with Marketing technologies strongly preferred.
o Have you ever managed services that touch multiple products on a global scale?
o Do you have experience in developing products and services and partnering with cross-functional stakeholders globally?
• Provide leadership and direction to software development teams in the technical direction of digital marketing automation solutions and is responsible for delivery of business objectives
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including agile processes, test driven development and automation of the build and deployment processes (CI/CD)
• Extensive data experience, including ETL, event streaming batch file processing & transfer, data ingestion, modelling, Big Data such as Hadoop/Spark, database experience (Oracle) and reporting & analytics
• Expert in full stack Java development, design patterns, threading, unit testing, debugging
• Experience architecting large/complex and highly available systems that utilize load balancing and horizontal scalability.
• Experience with logging frameworks
• Experience with implementing web services
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
• Ensure collaboration across distributed global development teams
• Ensure software designs align with MasterCard’s Enterprise Architecture and leverages our enterprise services.
• Ensure development teams use the appropriate MasterCard standard development methodologies and follow our technology standards, and that all projects and development are appropriately documented.
• Ensure that software and system design and delivery support the goal of zero down time in production.
• Define a key set of quality and performance metrics, especially in regards to data usability.
• Work closely with business partners on product definition, technical roadmaps and overall direction for the team.
• Ensure development supports all appropriate data compliance and usage requirements, including PCI, GLBA, Safe Harbor, SOX, etc.
• Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation.
• Oversees the execution of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function.
• Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through fully automated using CI/CD pipelines.
• Interface with technical developers to translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and reducing time to market.
All About You:
• Experience in leading teams in software development with a background in Marketing (Targeting & Personalization)
• Demonstrated leadership in taking accountability, acting with a sense of urgency, and delivering plans with passion, ambition and aptitude
• Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Marketing experience desirable
• Successfully built and brought to market multiple enterprise grade applications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-77600