MasterCard Senior C++ engineer in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior C++ engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Brighterion, a Mastercard company, was founded in 2000 and acquired by Mastercard in 2017. We deliver a leading artificial intelligence and machine learning platform that provides real-time mission critical intelligence from any data source, regardless of type, complexity or volume. Our AI solution secures billions of transactions monthly and is used and trusted by many of the world’s leading organizations and governments. Currently we serve 74/100 of the largest U.S. banks and more than 2,000 customers worldwide, processing more than 100+ billion transactions annually.
The Platform Team is responsible for designing and implementing Brighterion's backend deployment platform for Machine Learning algorithms developed by Data Science teams.
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on business needs.
• Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
• Implement complex application logic in C++.
• Integrate data from back-end services and databases.
• Test and verify features work correctly.
• Support existing customers.
All About You
• Strong programming skills with deep knowledge of modern C++.
• Strong emphasis on performance and reliability.
• Solid basics in data structure and algorithms.
• Working knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency.
• Experience developing and testing on Linux/gcc.
• BS in computer science or a related field preferred.
• Experience with Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure
• Working knowledge of Docker and deployment platforms (e.g. Kubernetes)
• Experience in Java and/or node.JS
• Understanding of data streaming (Kafka), RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132928