MasterCard QA Engineer - Brighterion in Vancouver, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
QA Engineer - Brighterion
Internally, this role is referred to as Senior Engineer, Software Engineer in Test - Brighterion
Brighterion is an award winning Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Company recently acquired by Mastercard. Our innovative cross channel AI solutions are applied in industries such as fintech, investment banking, biotech, and insurance, offering sales leaders unlimited opportunities. The team at Brighterion pushes the boundaries of innovation for in pure Artificial Intelligence technologies with a culture is focused on delivering the results our clients expect and deserve.
* The Fraud Platform Development team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
* This platform provides business solutions to combat fraud and authenticate users and processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds
* The Fraud Products Platform Senior Engineer, Software Engineer in Test will provide technical leadership for testing and automating Fraud Management Technology Solutions.
* We are seeking an experienced Test Engineer who has manual and automated test experience
* Test fraud prediction applications, which include high volume transaction processing systems, web applications, web services and vendor applications for fraud scoring and business rules management.
* Would you like to be an integral part of the team in developing industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
* Are you motivated by using state of the art technologies to speed business solutions to market?
* Do you want to create innovative solutions to challenging business problems?
* Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
* Work closely with Fraud Products architects, developers, analysts, and project managers
* Analyze requirements, work closely with platform architects to create comprehensive test cases
* Provide mentorship to less experience testers
* Strong communication skills (verbal & written). Comfortable in creating and presenting ideas to the upper Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders.
* Build out an automated test framework in conjunction with the Automation Test team as part of MasterCardÃ¢¬¢s Continuous Delivery
* Deliver cost effective technology solutions which align to standards, achieve business requirements, and are easy to maintain and operate
* Manage defect resolution process.
All About You
* Develop automated test libraries to create a robust test infrastructure for an enterprise class application.
* Identify tests which are good candidates for automation.
* Think out of the box to uncover issues during the development phase - minimizing customer facing issues.
* Troubleshoot any production issues as needed
* Take lead on deployment of code to production environments on monthly release cycles.
* Strong understanding of Java and another language such as Python.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with software development processes including SAFe/Agile processes
* Experience with JBoss, Tomcat, shell scripting, JSON, multi-threading, Maven, Linux
* Experience in a Continuous Integration/Continous Delivery environment
Experience with Extreme Performance or NoSQL Data Storage such as GemFire Object Grid, HBase, or Redis
* Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition ID: R-60404