MasterCard Platform DevOps Engineer in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Platform DevOps Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behaviour. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviours annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioural and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Embedded DevOps Engineer to join our team in our Vancouver office. Internally, this role is referred to as ‘Senior Software Engineer’, specializing in DevOps practices.
• Are you happiest when you’re taking all the pieces and making them work together without a hitch with rock-solid code?
• Would you like to build across the full range of functionality of our global infrastructure as well as get opportunities to do technical design and architecture?
• Are you excited about creating efficient tools and streamlined development experiences for our team?
You will be a key member of our growing team, which is responsible for increasing service stability, adding application insights, enhancing deployment processes, and improving our products.
• Implement solutions that solve complicated challenges around performance, scaling, and security while instrumenting services to provide high quality insight into emerging issues
• Design and develop applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, perform vendor-related activities, and create documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• Refine and enhance the development process used within our teams to drive improvements to development efficiency
• As a developer, you will manage your own time when accomplishing project goals and are encouraged to grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks. Leadership is technical, meetings are short
• As an operator, you will manage colonies of servers across multiple environments and regions, deploying updates, migrating databases, and architecting self-healing infinitely scaling services
All About You:
A qualified candidate will be required to show proficiency in the following key areas:
• Demonstrated software development experience in a professional development setting
• Java experience, or experience with at least one object-oriented language such as Java, C#, C++, Python, or Scala with some prior experience with Java
• Knowledge of testing frameworks and source control systems
• Experience designing, developing, and implementing scalable and resilient restful API services
• Experience with building and managing software packages and/or server images
• Experience in managing servers, networks, and infrastructure with broad knowledge of the following: Linux, networking, servers, virtualization, security, availability, resiliency, redundancy, alerting, and monitoring
• Familiarity with building scalable distributed data processing and visualization tools
• Strong problem solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis skills
• Exceptional communication, both written and spoken
Helpful to have:
• Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams
• Experience working with cloud-based server environments
• Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, etc. or other cloud providers
• Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
• Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Packer, Vagrant, Vault, and Consul
• Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Influx, Statsd, Kibana and Logstash
• Familiarity with databases, such as Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MySQL, or Postgres
• Bachelor of Computer Science, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
• An interest in fraud detection and security
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are awesome. We do cool things as a team, like summer kayaking, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-133325