MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
This position is for a Lead Software Development Engineer role within NuData's Aion group. This position is a lead engineer role and not a people management role.
Are you interested in building and leveraging hyper-scale cloud platforms to handle petabytes of data and provide data insights using cutting-edge technology? We are a dynamic team of engineers committed to solving business problems through continuous learning and platform systems. We work on developing and delivering world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. Our focus is on solutions that predict fraudulent activity using online behavioural analytics and machine learning.
NuData's Aion teams are looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to provide technical ownership, emphasizing engineering efficiency and on-time delivery. A successful candidate will develop innovative solutions and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores, and visualizes data.
• You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
• You will help define requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
You will report to a Manager of Software Engineering and work with an agile scrum team in two-week sprints. Your core responsibilities include:
• Ensure quality of several application codebases and alignment with development standards
• Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop other employees
• Designs highly complex applications, interfaces and integration with a modest number of systems
• Integrates at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
• Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture and providing functional guidance, advice, and training to other application developers
• Modest advanced code development, code review and day-to-day support duties
• Researching and evaluating tools to support domain-specific needs
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Enjoy learning about the latest cloud technologies, getting certified, and showcasing prototypes
• Expert-level development experience with at least one object-oriented language (PHP, Java, C#, C++, TypeScript, Python); please note that the primary development language will be Java 11
• An interest in fraud detection and security
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129181