MasterCard Lead Reliability Engineer in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Reliability Engineer
Come and join the Business Operations team to lead the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organisations. If you would like to work across development, operations, and product teams and to prioritise needs and to build relationships this could be the role for you
This role is for you If you have an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. The team work on Global IPS, MPS and BPS Product initiatives and support the services for countries around the world. Being Operational, you will be responsible to support oncall activities by improving the operations maturity to reduce the oncall activities.
• The role is to work within a technical team providing technical support on Live Clearing & Settlement Applications.
• Providing 3rd Line technical support to international customers for the VocaLink IPS and MPP products.
• Identify, develop workarounds and/or fixes for deployment into live environments.
• Support implementation and deployment of new releases into live.
• Provide 24 * 7 * 365 technical support cover as part of an on-call/shift rota.
• Work closely with development to integrate new releases into live environments and provide knowledge transfer to support team.
Key accountabilities and duties:
• Provide and lead 3rd Line Technical Support to internal and external parties
• Interface closely with development department to ensure bi-directional flow of technical and operational knowledge.
• Follow internal and external support procedures.
• Recover service either by providing a workaround or root cause
fix within SLA
• Act as technical lead for Major Incident recovery and post-incident review.
• Troubleshoot problems with the application working with the customer, development and test teams where/when required.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Excellent core Java, sql, unix,
• Good Understanding on infrastructure, F5, network
• Excellent and proven experience of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
• Strong knowledge/experience of XML, XSL, XSLT
• Experience with a track record in supporting large and complex applications within high availability/high volume environments.
• Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure internal and external SLAs are met.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required for this role.
• Experience in a senior role, mentoring junior team members and offering technical leadership.
• Excellent skills with supporting Java technologies such as Tomcat
• Excellent knowledge of protocols such as REST, AMQP, JMS
• Proven software development experience
• Strong knowledge of ISO20022, ISO8583, and Swift MT formats
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
• Experience within payments processing systems or finance/banking industry.
• Experience in supporting applications using different languages and/or character sets.
• Ideally you will also have experience of working within process driven environments - ITIL.
• An interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with working with the dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef.
• Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.
• Experience of sharing knowledge and mentor junior resources
• Understanding of PCI certification will be added advantage
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-118980