MasterCard Lead Product Manager - Technical in Vancouver, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager - Technical
• The Decision Management program enables intelligent decision based products through streaming analytics with the ability to govern these decisions and manage their outcomes with business agility.
• This program leverages business rules & AI engines, a streaming big data cluster, an in memory data grids, APIs, & UIs to deliver real time decisions at global scale
• This person will be responsible for mentoring the team as well as stay hands on.
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager - Technical to join our DMP team in Vancouver office.
• Are you a product leader with technical skills who wants to shape the future of industry-leading services, platforms and products? You can do this and more as Product Manager – Technical at Mastercard
• Have you specified systems requirements for a technical system in the card payment industry?
• Are you passionate about making a difference in this world?
• Do you want to be part of a team which helps prevent fraud on every Mastercard transaction in this world?
• The Lead Product Manager - Technical will convert business requirements into functional requirements (user stories).
• Possess the aptitude to quickly learn and contribute to our complex platform.
• Proven expertise and experience to flesh out customer needs and business concepts, bring thought leadership and provide clarity of thought, define product & customer metrics and KPI
• Ability to design features through prototypes and experiments, decompose requirements into user stories, prioritize the backlog, and work with the engineering teams to ensure implementation of high quality products to your customer
• Understand technical implications and impacts of requirement requests.
• Author user stories including detailed acceptance criteria.
• Provide systems impact analysis and work estimates.
• Facilitate technical requirement reviews and joint application design sessions .
• Collaborate with software engineers (developers) to promote user story comprehension.
• Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure expected results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with other Product Managers, development teams and the Core Product business teams
• Strong technical analysis skills to drive complex application designs and documentation (Functional \ Technical \ Interface Specifications, User Stories)
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience with agile & waterfall development methodologies
• Display high degree of initiative & self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• High energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
• Able to document and understand business process models
• Knowledge and experience of data modelling techniques
• Payment industry knowledge
• Demonstrated prior experience as a successful product manager for at least one product in the market
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team including monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here and we think you will too.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144957