MasterCard DevOps Engineer - NuData Security in Vancouver, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worlds fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
DevOps Engineer - NuData Security
Internally, this role is referred to as Senior Engineer, DevOps Engineering.
Mastercards Enterprise Security Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for a talented and passionate DevOps Engineer to join our Operations group in our Vancouver office.
- Are you happiest when youre taking different pieces of infrastructure and making them work together without a hitch with rock-solid code?
- Would you like to design and build production quality infrastructure which is highly available and fault tolerant which will span our global footprint?
- Do you want to help some of the biggest technology companies with their security challenges and stop hackers in their tracks?
You will be a key member of our growing DevOps group which is responsible for increasing service stability, responding to application insights, enhancing the deployment processes, and improving our scalability.
- Implement solutions that solve complicated challenges around performance, scaling, and security while instrumenting services to provide high quality insight into emerging issues.
- Manage, architect, and develop all our environments, from development to production
- Design robust, self-healing systems that can withstand a datacenter failure or spike in traffic.
- Refine and enhance the development and build process used within our teams to drive improvements to development efficiency.
- As a developer, you will manage your own time when accomplishing project goals and are encouraged to grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks. Leadership is technical, meetings are short.
- As an operator, you will manage colonies of servers across multiple environments and regions, deploying updates, migrating databases, and architecting self-healing infinitely scaling services.
All About You
A qualified candidate will be required to show proficiency in the following key areas:
- Demonstrated operations or software development experience in a professional development setting;
- Demonstrated experience in managing servers, networks, and infrastructure;
- Broad knowledge of many of the following: Linux, networking, servers, virtualization, security, availability, resiliency, redundancy, alerting, and monitoring;
- Experience with at least one object-oriented language such as Java, C#, C++, Python, or Scala
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and source control systems;
- Experience working with cloud-based server environments;
- Experience with building and managing software packages and server images;
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack;
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform;
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Packer, Vagrant, Vault, and Consul;
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Influx, Statsd, Kibana, Logstash, Nagios, and Sensu;
- Familiarity with databases, such as Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MySQL, or Postgres;
- Familiarity with building scalable distributed data processing and visualization tools;
- Strong problem solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis skills;
- Exceptional communication, both written and spoken;
- Bachelor of Computer Science, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
Helpful to have:
- Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams;
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, etc. or other cloud providers;
- An interest in fraud detection and security.
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesnt stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team, like summer events, board game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Dont forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-70688