MasterCard Core Product Developer - NuData Security in Vancouver, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Core Product Developer - NuData Security
Internally, this role is referred to as Senior Engineer, Software Engineering.
Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Core Development team in our Vancouver office.
• Are you happiest when you’re taking all the pieces and making them work together without a hitch with rock-solid code?
• Would you like to build across the full-range of functionality of our core product, as well get opportunities to do technical design and architecture?
• Do you want to help some of the biggest technology companies with their security challenges and stopping hackers in their tracks?
As a key member of the Core Development team, you will be responsible for the growth, challenges and solutions related to the overall stability, performance, scalability and residence of the platform and the product / services that run on it.
• Design and develop applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, perform vendor-related activities, and create documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• As a developer, you will manage your own time when accomplishing project goals and are encouraged to grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks.
• Leadership is technical, meetings are short.
All About You
• Demonstrated software development experience in a professional development setting;
• PHP experience, or experience with at least one object-oriented language (Java, C#, C++, Python, Scala) and some prior experience with PHP;
• Knowledge of testing frameworks and source control systems;
• Experience working with cloud-based server environments;
• Strong problem solving, algorithm design and analytical troubleshooting skills;
• Bachelors of Computer Science, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
Helpful to have:
• Experience with Java or Python;
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Redis or Other)
• An interest in fraud detection and security.
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team, like summer kayaking, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85960