MasterCard Software engineer II - Devsecops Engineer in Vadodara, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software engineer II - Devsecops Engineer
Software Engineer - Devsecops who has knowledge of the DevOps culture and principles
An understanding of programming languages such as Ruby, Perl, Java, Python and PHP.
Strong teamwork and communication skills.
Knowledge of threat modelling and risk assessment techniques.
Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices and latest software.
An understanding of programs such as Puppet, Chef, Checkmarx. Additional advantage if he / she has knowledge Kubernetes, Docker or AWS.
The DevSecOps is looking for a team member who can lead and help to solve problems, build our CI/CD pipeline and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
• Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
• Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
DevsecOps group is leading at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
The role of DevsecOps is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. DevsecOps plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
Team accomplish this transformation through supporting deployments, automation. The goal of every DevsecOps team is to shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage end to end production deployment and increase the overall value of supported applications. DevsecOps team is also focus on security and compliance to our products and it is upto date with Mastercard infra standards.
All About You
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, security and compliance standards .
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is desired.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-186011