MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer, Mastercard Connect in Vadodara, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer, Mastercard Connect
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
The Mastercard Connect team is looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented Software engineer in Test to help advance the Connect experience for both our customers and our internal users. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, rewarding environment.
• Build (and test) all new cloud-ready code using Java, Angular, Spring Boot, and other technologies
• Introduces new technologies, recommends new platforms/libraries.
• Good at design principles such as DRY, Single Responsibility, SOLID
• Play a crucial part in driving Quality to help build and ship better products.
Collaborate with our development teams to enhance our existing software development processes
• Involved in training and mentoring developers in QE methodologies, and helping them to build high quality software
• Partner with developers and test engineers to improve and automate test and release processes
Help make Quality as an integral part of the development process
Play the role of a mentor and coach to drive Quality
• Ability to implement IoC, Dependency Injection
• Builds reusable frameworks
• Drives measurable improvements in the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of your team’s software.
• Provides feedback on peer design and code includes optimization and simplification recommendations.
• Difficult architecture and business problems. Solutions are extensible. Outlines and takes opportunity to optimize, simplify, de-bottleneck
• Improves the interfaces and integrations with related teams.
• Develops solutions that successfully launch software or resolve architecture deficiencies. May require multiple developers.
• Leads projects to improve engineering, test and operations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of team architecture. Makes trade-offs between short terms and long-term needs.
• Troubleshoots problems, defines root cause and permanently corrects within application and dependent systems.
• The Sr. Engineer/Engineer is a hands-on senior developer who is experienced with Java, Angular, REST API and Jenkins, using Cloud technologies.
• You will be responsible for developing and running micro services
• Working within an Agile development methodology, you will collaborate with other engineers and tech leads to deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers.
• In addition, you'll have the opportunity to work with new frameworks and technologies, assist with prototyping and proof-of-concepts, participate in code reviews, and help ensure a high level of code quality from the team.
• Create proof of concept applications
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices and software development processes
All About You
• Effectively communicate across all levels of a project team to drive quality practices
• Participated in Agile/DevOps teams and understand the concepts and ceremonies they follow and use of Agile tools such as RALLY and ALM.
• Experience using Agile frameworks (Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Development)
• Capable of contributing back to the Quality Engineering community based on enhancements and new capabilities regarding quality practices
• Adept in CI/CD practices and implementation (Jenkins)
• Adept developing in
• Skilled in debugging techniques to quickly identify root cause issues within your applications and their dependencies
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability
• Knowledge of design patterns and can coach at all levels regarding their use and practices
• Working knowledge and experience in developing and debugging maven build configurations
• Well versed in the use of Page Object modeling
• Skilled in utilizing CSS and Xpath based locators
• Experience automating web/native apps across varying platforms (Android and iOS a must)
• Understanding of how localization and internationalization affects web and native apps
• Effective skill leveraging SOAP and Rest services programmatically via Java
• Experience in Cloud/micro-services.
• Experience in Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
Key Technology Focus Areas
Java, REST API, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, Angular, Swagger, Git
Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138737