MasterCard Senior Content Strategy Analyst (Technical Writer) in Vadodara, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Content Strategy Analyst (Technical Writer)
The Site Reliability Engineering team supporting the Mastercard Digital Enablement Services (MDES) is looking for a candidate who can help us with the delivery of technical content and publications regarding MDES products and services for internal consumption, helping MDES lead within Mastercard in definition of documentation standards and best practices.
MDES SRE at Mastercard is a team of Software Engineers with a diverse background, responsible for maintaining and ensuring the availability and reliability of Mastercard’s Tokenization platform. Our team is engaged throughout the software development lifecycle to work with the development, operations, and other support teams within Mastercard to guarantee the platform meets the non-functional requirements set by the business and consistently exceed our customer expectations. The Senior Technical Writer will be focused on creating and delivering digital content such as release notes, user guides, API developer references and flows for specific product offerings, performing all stages of processes to publish technical content in online and printed formats.
• Do you enjoy working on a customer-focused team which interfaces with business partners across the globe?
• Are you passionate about technology and finding new ways of doing things that challenge the status quo?
• Do you enjoy finding new solutions for delivering digital content?
• Are you passionate about delivering quality material to maintain your stakeholders informed and updated?
Then… we would love to hear from you!
Major Accountabilities for this role:
• Work with a wide range of stakeholders to build and deliver an exceptional information experience for the Mastercard Digital Enablement Services crew.
• Research, write and maintain high-quality technical documentation and online content for a variety of audiences, targeting key customer interactions and cardholder scenarios.
• Collaborate with other tech writers and functions (e.g., Product, Engineering, Customer Service, Architects, etc.) to research customer needs, plan and prioritize content to meet those needs, and then execute the plan.
• Manage documentation projects and own the cross-product strategy at multiple levels.
• Balance engaging priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in collaboration with software engineers and supporting cross-functional teams daily.
• Experience with or interest in Digital Payments.
• Experience producing excellent technical documentation for a developer audience.
• Ability to navigate ambiguity, support multiple projects, pick up new technologies, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail-oriented and customer obsessed.
• Experience working with geographically distributed team members
• Ability to provide positive customer service to internal and external business partners.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-189275