MasterCard Lead Enterprise Architect in Utah
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Enterprise Architect
Mastercard Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) develops and delivers world-class risk, security products, and services for Mastercard customers across the globe. As part of this organization, the RiskRecon team is responsible for:
• Providing core data sources to internal Mastercard customers for use across our Cyber Risk portfolio
• Maintenance of existing and development of new tools for data driven products/services
Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, RiskRecon, a Mastercard company, enables companies to solve their third-party cyber risk at scale. We're a top-notch team of security researchers, developers, data scientists, and business professionals building enterprise security technology. Working here means being part of a team that works hard, works fast, and works smart.
The Senior Architect will be responsible for creating technical solutions and leading initiatives for our business. You will provide technical leadership and expertise to bring together our technology assets to create new and innovative products. The scope for you will be broad, and may include infrastructure, software and security domain engineering as well designing high-level business solutions. You will work with partner with Mastercard teams across the globe to create new products and services. The role will report to the VP of Software Engineering for RiskRecon, a Mastercard company and is based in Salt Lake City, UT, USA.
• Designing from the vision down to the application and infrastructure architecture level.
• Partnering with Product teams and other technology teams to contribute to setting technical strategies and roadmaps. Collaboration and initiative is key.
• Helping to transform our enterprise architecture.
• Pro-actively define new measures to meet business needs, improve efficient, and improve agility.
Providing direction to technical leads on projects in work and reviewing designs.
• Initiating and leading ‘What if’, ‘What next’ and ‘Why not’ planning.
• Mentor and guide development teams across RiskRecon.
• Research current and emerging technologies, and provide recommendations.
• Initiation of Proof-of-Concept projects and drive innovative changes.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a related field is desirable – Elixir, APIs, messaging platforms, NoSQL & Relational data stores, and AWS Cloud services.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written, strong relationship and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile software engineering concepts and methodologies.
• Hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure.
• You must be able to inform and lead through your designs and documents.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools.
• Able to support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources.
• Are an enthusiastic ambassador for new technology.
• May come from a varied technical career background.
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Experience in delivering solutions in the Financial Services sector, Airlines, Fintechs or Start-Ups.
• IT Architecture – experience with the AWS Cloud, Terraform, CI/CD, Web applications, Web services & API design
• Web application related technologies – Ruby, Python, Elixir, Phoenix Framework
• Security – Security Architecture, Security by design, vulnerability management
• Cloud and DevOps Architecture, especially via Terraform
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-183607