MasterCard Vice President, Strategic Program Manager in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Strategic Program Manager
Vice President, Strategic Program Management
Are you passionate about delivering best in class payment technology solutions? Are you a leader that drives and takes ownership of end to end delivery with the value created for customers in mind? Are you relentless in the pursuit of improvement across operations and technology teams?
Are you an experienced program manager lead who wants to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development?
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
We are looking for experienced program management professional to join our team and help us build towards the future. Our Strategic Program Managers (SPM) conceptualize, rationalize, and drive multiple simultaneous projects, building comprehensive believable and achievable execution plans to deliver high-profile new features and capabilities for our customers. You will drive the execution of a large scale global project which spans multiple teams and integrations, reporting meaningful status along the way.
You will lead the O&T team and planning, through mobilisation, elaboration, build, test, deploy, go live and warranty stages, for our Product(s), Technology and Customer Solution deliverables. Proactively manage the detailed end-to-end plan and Operations and Technology (O&T) deliverables into our NPP Scheme and Product Delivery Program(s) across Customer Solution & Service Design, Architecture (Product, Infrastructure, Enterprise), Engineering (Development, Integration & Test), Technical Operations, Business Operations and Security to agreed time, cost and quality. Report on progress, ensuring transparency and effective management of key dependencies, risks, issues and actions. Operate between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery.
• Work across multiple teams (may be cross-cutting across products, programs and/or technologies or work may be vertically focused on a single product or feature set).
• Deep understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized in your area.
• Focus on the customer experience, the build and delivery processes and the problems to be solved.
• Align dependent organizations and remove/mitigate all blocking issues.
• Work directly with external to the organization or external to Mastercard technology providers and customers.
• Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance as needed because the product and delivery strategy is defined (the WHAT). The Customer Solution, Service and Architectural design is not (the HOW).
• Deep understanding of the business and technical requirements for the solutions being built.
• Understand the needs of the O&T teams who have to design, build, test, deploy, maintain and operate the system for the life of the system.
• Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with the Customer Solution, Service, Product, Infrastructure and Enterprise Architects, software design engineers, principals and Engineering project managers.
• Help customers and the O&T teams make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
• Partner with our internal stakeholders across Product, Delivery, Guilds and Financial Business Partners as required to ensure delivery against agreed Time, Cost and Quality whilst managing Scope and Risk. Identify opportunities to increase our effectiveness through our learnings.
• Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components that support our architecture and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings.
• Communicate role up of project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate for discussion and decisions.
• Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels.
• Work across teams to optimize processes.
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121706