MasterCard Sr. Software Development Engineer in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Software Development Engineer
Ethoca a Mastercard company is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer to join our team.
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2011, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London and Paris. Seven of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 3,500 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
To drive our future growth, we are scaling our platform and building new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We’re interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive, yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap, we are evaluating and implementing new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. We are on our way to rewrite our Web portal frontend with the aim of creating robust reusable and multi-product enabled UI components.
We want to hire a Senior Software Development Engineer who has a proven record of leading and solutioning a Web Application Frontend rewrite using the appropriate industry leading products, patterns, and practices!
What you bring
● At least a few years of web-based system development under your belt
● Strong knowledge of Java and the JVM
● Understand the runtime impact (i.e. memory management, thread managements, etc.) of implementation and design decisions
● Ensure design thinking accounts for long term maintainability of code
● Mentor fellow Developers, share the experience and help them get better
● Actively involved in, bring up and defend software design decisions
● Independently apply problem solving skills to identify symptoms and root causes of issues
● Make effective and efficient decisions even when data is ambiguous
● Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front and back end through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
● Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
● You push for better Development Practices, better Code, better Solutions
● Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
How to get on our shortlist
● Pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS.
● Full-stack experience and knowledge, be comfortable developing both backend and frontend
● Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns that are easily horizontally scaled
● Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
● Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
● Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132110