MasterCard Software Development Engineer, Eliminator in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer, Eliminator
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
To drive our future growth, we are scaling our platform and building new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
To drive our future growth, we need to dramatically scale our existing platform. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators, and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. We want to hire leaders that are eager to have influence on scaling processes, people, and technology.
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We are interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap, we are evaluating new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. Our backend tiers are presently JVM-based. We are using or considering technologies like Kafka, Spring Boot, Angular, Bootstrap, REST, Chef, Terraform, Openstack, Azure, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, Docker and so on.
• Work as a member of an agile team to design, build, test, and deploy new products and features
• Push for better Development Practices, better Code, better Solutions
• Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and handle constructive feedback on ideas
• Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
• Produce high quality code while employing community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
What You Bring:
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of OOP, Java, JVM, and Spring ecosystem
• Experience building and managing REST APIs
• Experience crafting single page applications (SPA’s) as well as distributed systems using Java, Spring, Angular, and Bootstrap
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation and IaC
• Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns and are easily horizontally scaled
• Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and on the flip side handle any criticism of your ideas with grace
• Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front-end and server-side through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
• Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120647