MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
To drive our future growth, we need to dramatically scale our existing platform. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators, and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. We want to hire leaders that are eager to have influence on scaling processes, people, and technology.
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We are interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap, we are evaluating new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. Our backend tiers are presently JVM-based. We are using or considering technologies like Spring Boot 2.6, Angular 12, Azure, REST, Chef, Terraform, Splunk and so on.
• Work as a member of an agile team to design, build, test, and deploy new products and features
• Push for better Development Practices, better Code, better Solutions
• Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and handle constructive feedback on ideas
• Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
• Produce high quality code while employing community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
• Provide technical guidance, support and mentoring to more junior team members
• Make significant contributions to architectural decisions
• Make technology recommendations that balance business needs and technical requirements
• Proactively understand stakeholder needs, goals, expectations and viewpoints to deliver results
• Effectively host technology education forums (i.e. Technology Brown Bag Session) around relevant topics for the wider organization
All about you:
• Deep understanding and significant experience of Angular, Java, JVM, and Spring ecosystem
• Experience of Cloud Native Development targeting a major Cloud Provider
• Experience working with Linux Virtual Machines in a Cloud Environment
• Experience building and managing REST APIs
• Experience crafting single page applications (SPA’s) as well as distributed systems using Java 8, Spring Boot 2.6
• Experience of Test Driven Development
• Solid Understanding of DevOps
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation and IaC
• Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns and are easily horizontally scaled
• Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and on the flip side handle any criticism of your ideas with grace
• Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front-end and server-side through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
• Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168686