MasterCard Senior Counsel, Global Open Banking in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Counsel, Global Open Banking
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of retail financial services (as well as many adjacent industries). There are a number of markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings and other markets where Open Banking is at earlier stages of development, yet already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Mastercard has built an initial suite of Open Banking Solutions designed to connect, enable and safeguard the Open Banking ecosystem and are now in the process of bringing them to market, commercializing and enhancing them.
The Global Open Banking legal team is looking for an experienced lawyer to provide legal support and advice to the Open Banking global product team, with a particular focus on Canada and United States markets . This role requires strong commercial and regulatory knowledge and experience in the technology and financial/payment services space. The role will act as an advisor for product and sales clients to help enable the delivery of the commercial objectives and business strategy. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious and analytical, dedicated to delivering strategic and hands-on legal support and partnership to develop the next generation of Mastercard product solutions focused on enabling the future of payments.
As Senior Counsel, you will be a member of the Law & Policy team supporting Mastercard’s Consumer Solutions businesses. You will take a major role in handling product development and support matters for the business on a day-to-day basis, identifying and analyzing relevant issues and helping the business effectively navigate legal and regulatory risks and implement appropriate controls, policies and processes. You will:
• Focus on legal support for the strategic development and daily operations of Mastercard’s global Open Banking products and services, reporting into the Senior Managing Counsel who is responsible for leading this legal support, with a dual report into Senior Managing Counsel, North American Markets region
• Develop strong relationships with product development, business, sales and senior management within Mastercard’s Open Banking business
• Advise from the concept through development to launch stage and beyond of various Open Banking solutions and services:
o ensuring alignment and compliance of Open Banking products and services with Mastercard’s policies, procedures and processes and with local and global regulatory and commercial laws;
o covering a broad range of commercial and contractual matters, including product and marketing legal review, non-disclosure agreements and bid process support; and
o Drafting and reviewing contracts and managing complex contract negotiations with customers, partners and key suppliers
• Work in close collaboration with external and internal specialists (including Franchise and regulatory, data privacy and intellectual property counsel)
• Provide training as appropriate to legal, franchise, sales and product colleagues
• Instruct and manage external counsel within agreed policy and budget
Please note that roles within Mastercard evolve with the needs of the business and department. Therefore, the above is a guideline and by no means comprehensive.
This role will be based in Toronto, Canada. As our team supports the business globally, the role may require some travel and ability to support other time zones.
All About You
• A qualified lawyer with a solid academic and training background, licensed to practice in Canada
• An interest in the financial services industry and both existing and emerging payment technologies
• Exposure to a broad range of commercial and technology law issues.
• Experience across a range of commercial contracts and the ability to analyze and identify the core legal issues, skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
• A working knowledge of data privacy and intellectual property issues.
• A fast learner who can gain rapid familiarity with complex products, services and legal frameworks and maintain knowledge of those changing products, services and legal frameworks.
• Solutions orientated with excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
• Able to work flexibly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Strong drafting, writing, oral communication and negotiating skills, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings
• Strong business acumen
• Language: Fluent English, business level proficiency in French desirable but not essential
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141686