MasterCard Relaunch Your Career - Consulting Delivery in Toronto, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Relaunch Your Career - Consulting Delivery
We are currently hiring for our Relaunch Your Career program. The program runs from September 23, 2019 to January 13, 2020 and is based out of our Toronto office. This is a 16 week paid placement that helps people who have had a career break of 2 years or longer return to work. You will have the chance to work on an engaging project at Mastercard, plus on-the-job training, coaching and support. At the end of the 16 weeks, there is a potential permanent role waiting for you. The possibilities are Priceless.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team. Make an Impact as a member of the Consulting Delivery team.
As a member of the consulting delivery team, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, such as consulting services, Test & Learn, or data and analytics. Working with technology and data, you will generate key hypotheses and independently structure work streams to address client problems. Overseeing the day-to-day work of the project Delivery team, you will identify creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and share findings through impactful storylines and slides. Responsibilities within project management will include building strong relationships with mid-level client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture and change readiness.
In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the firm's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
What we offer to help you find your way:
• A 16-week program, on a paid fixed-term contract, with the potential to join us as a permanent hire
• A wealth of learning resources to help you settle in and grow – from learning about our business, to workshops on presentation and networking, online learning and coaching from managers
• A structured ‘Getting Started’ program
• An engaging and stimulating project to work on
• A buddy assigned from day one
• A manager equipped in helping people return to work, with regular check-in sessions
All About You
Relaunch Your Career is for people who:
• Have taken a career break of two or more years
• Are keen to return to work on a permanent basis
• Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This project requires the following essential knowledge, skills and experience:
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Problem Solving: ability to help define and develop deliverables to solve client problems, and address difficult client situations
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
• Undergraduate or master’s degree and prior work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
•Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple work streams
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-89207