MasterCard Project Manager, Customer Success in Toronto, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Project Manager, Customer Success
At Ethoca, you’re applying for much more than a job. Where else are you going to get the opportunity to work with the most committed group of ecommerce business and technology innovators who are transforming the industry? And we’re winning the awards to prove it.
We want the bold. We demand the best. And, we’re committed to giving you the opportunity to make the contribution only you can make. Ethoca is a place where risk-takers thrive, thought leaders excel and challengers make us better.
At Ethoca, we believe that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the payments ecosystem and prevent merchants and card issuing banks from focusing on what really matters – increasing sales and creating a great customer experience. Thankfully, our suite of services changes all that.
Before Ethoca, merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed fraudulent and disputed transactions in isolation on a daily basis. Unfortunately, they had no way to securely share this intelligence. Introduced in 2011, our flagship product – Ethoca Alerts – revolutionized the industry by closing this information gap and giving merchants an unprecedented opportunity to stop fraud and chargebacks before they happen. We’re now expanding our product offering to be a full-some eCommerce solution with our Representments and Eliminator offerings. These new products are just the start of things to come as we are committed to retain our position as the most decorated Fraud & Chargebacks solution provider in the industry.
Our network has grown to more than 5,400+ merchants (including 7 of the world’s top 10 ecommerce brands) and 4,000 card issuers (14 of the top 20 in North America and 10 UK Issuers, including 6 of the top 10) and shows no signs of slowing down.
So now here’s the real question…what’s taking you so long to join us?
The Project Manager, Customer Success plays a key role in supporting the revenue & customer experience objectives of the company. You will leverage your exceptional customer-facing project management experience to oversee multiple high-profile, complex customer integrations – ensuring the Ethoca Customer Success STAR model (Speed, Transparency, Advice and Reliability) is demonstrated in each of our customer interactions. This is a dynamic role in which you will be able to use your professional experience to navigate the client integration leveraging your experience and Project Management Tool Box.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned project management professional who is not afraid to get their hands dirty in figuring out the details. You’re a savvy communicator that can quickly build relationships across type-A stakeholders (business development, sales & account management, customer success, product management & development, compliance & risk, operations to name a few); and can expertly navigate these diverse and complex relationships to ensure resources are aligned to achieve our goal. You know how to ask the right questions to understand our customer’s needs and then build and/or adapt a plan and drive it to success, constantly looking to find a better way to get things done, thriving in a fun, fast paced and dynamic environment, and wants to combine your project management & communications skills to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers. If this ignites the spark in you and you have the savant like skills we’re looking for, please keep reading.
• Work with Ethoca’s internal business teams and our customer to understand and document requirements and underlying processes. Develop and maintain multi-stream project management plans for new and ongoing initiatives
• Collaborate and consult with Ethoca’s customer and our internal business & delivery teams to manage customer experience during all phases of onboarding
• Oversee the development, communication, control and execution of project plans leveraging our STAR philosophy
• Coordinates tasks throughout the onboarding project (from business development to implementation) while operating as a single point of contact for all project related communications – both internal and external stakeholders
• Ensures that all necessary documentation is distributed (and archived) to ensure adequate communication with our customers and internal business teams
• Ensures customers clearly understand the status of their onboarding with Ethoca throughout all phases; including completed tasks, pending deliverables, and outstanding items. Confidently communicates the risk of slippage to schedule and cross-dependencies
• Identifies challenges and issues, measures risk and oversees the resolution of escalated issues
• Participates in special assignments & strategic initiatives to support our business growth and to make us better – this can include project management oversight and/or functional expertise in task forces, new product launches and business transformations
• Supports (by recommending and informing) the Director, Project Management Customer Success on capacity planning for internal resources
• Have (and embrace) the accountability to take initiative and move activities forward with limited direction
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5 + Years’ experience in customer-facing project management role; ideally in financial services, payments or SaaS
• Professional Project Management certification (i.e. PMP or PMI) in good standing
• Get jazzed about interacting directly with Customers; and learning their businesses – this is a high touch, high profile customer facing role!
• Proficient in MS Office applications: MS Project, Visio, Excel
• Strong (and proven) ability to manage multiple projects, resources and competing priorities; ideally in a multi-site/location environment (global experience preferred)
• Strong strategic planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to produce & present project status (including reporting/dashboards) to executive audiences
• Clear and effective communicator both internally and customer facing with various stakeholders (i.e. client management, customer service, technical resources, project managers, business leads). You’re not afraid of taking charge in a presentation.
• You just don’t manage tasks; you’re a savvy collaborator. You bring people together to achieve a shared-goal
• Continuous improvement – demonstrate your ability to build better mousetraps and evolve our thinking
Nice to Haves:
• Working knowledge of Salesforce.com and JIRA are desired, but not mandatory
• As we service a global customer base, proficiency in another language would be strongly desired; especially French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin or Cantonese
• Flexibility to support international time zones for our global customer implementations
• Valid passport is required and so is the flexibility to support global travel (